Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1993 vert mustang that someone at one point tried turning into a hatchback, but did not do it correct so my question is there any difference in the a pillars on a vert vs a hatchback? they cut the roof and the hatch part and put it on the car but never attached it to the a pillars they cut the roof to the a pillar window support of the vert and just filled with bondo and self tappers lol

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Whoa that’s crappy. I’m not sure on the differences. Someone over on the corral might know since there’s a lot of foxbody enthusiasts over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Verts have a bit more lean on the front window - i.e., laid back more. This lowers the top profile a bit when compared to a notch. Ford did not use hatches for convertible conversions. If you've got the fabrication skills, sure it can be done but you have a lot of work ahead of you. FWIW, I like the idea of using the vert windshield angle to create a one-off hatch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 1993 vert mustang that someone at one point tried turning into a hatchback, but did not do it correct so my question is there any difference in the a pillars on a vert vs a hatchback? they cut the roof 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 and the hatch part and put it on the car but never attached it to the a pillars they cut the roof to the a pillar window support of the vert and just filled with bondo and self tappers lol
this is unusual turning it to a hatchback requieres a lot of work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts