Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1993 Mustang GT Convertible and I was wondering if there was any way I can put exhaust tips on it like I did with my LX (the bumber is in the way). Thank you.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
No, don't do it. Stay with the stock style turndowns. Everyone has great intentions and cool ideas with some type of straight tips sticking out the back on a GT but it always ends up looking terrible. It's your car though.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I had some in the past that came out under the GT bumper. It wasn't bad but it did hang kind of low. I'll post a pic if I can find one. I think the heat did some warping of the bumper though. They were not as bad as the rig jobs where people cut the bumper.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Trying to upload a picture but it keeps failing.

Mine are not cut into the bumper, and don't stick out too far, but just enough to be there. I don't think they look bad, in fact I've actually gotten a compliment or two about them.
Oh, and they scrape on steep steep hills. lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ground down bottems...... gota love those DIPS and driveways

Now i dont know why one sticks out farther but after i switched to an Catlesss H-pipe they ended up looking like this.... they used to be the same length before the swap......

LEFT

RIGHT

Heres what happenes when you go off of a CURB.............

and heres what happenes when you back up into a CURB

·
Banned
980 Posts
wow no offense but you guys are retarded! if you want to use LX style tail pipes, either use a LX bumper or a Cobra bumper. You make your mustangs look so mexican when doing it like the above, or cutting "holes" in a gt bumper for LX style pipes. I yi yi! LOL

·
Registered
207 Posts
hahahah MEXICAN??? dude im FARRRRR from mexican and same as my car owned by WHITE people........ i could show you some MEXICAN mustangs i live in CALI... i think you would have to see it in person and no those arn't LX style there ****ing BADASS STYLE its all about the flow, power, and sound... maybe you should check out the ROTM under right exhaust for your car :) what you got??????? 1/2"????????

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
and heres what happenes when you back up into a CURB
Previous owner of mine had the same setup, that's exactly why I took them off shortly after I bought it but the damage was already done.

Referring to my first post in this thread, Don't do it, good intentions but it does not work out ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had them and that's exactly why I took them off shortly after I bought the car but the damage was already done ;)
yeah but now i watch when i back up hah took one time to learn!!!! but i love my set up i would never change it unless they came out from under my front tires....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts