Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a quick question for ya about my stang.. If the car is titled as a cobra and the door tag even says it's a cobra than shouldn't it have a cobra motor in it.. Is there any visual differences that make it a cobra motor rather than just a 5.0 H.O.? Is there a chance that the motor has been changed. I was just wondering cuz I just got this car and it's the first mustang I have owned so I am just trying to find out all that I can about this car and just thought that maybe it was suppose to have the cobra motor in it..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yes it should have different heads cam and intake but its not a lot of power difference if thats what you are worried about

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it should have different heads cam and intake but its not a lot of power difference if thats what you are worried about
Well not really worried about the power difference but I just wanted to know if this motor is the original motor or if it's been changed. I guess that's what I was really getting at.. because there is nothing on the motor that implicates it being a cobra motor..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it shud have cobra on the intake

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
take a picture of the engine and front of the heads and post it up

·
Banned
464 Posts
look in the valve cover (oil fill cap (use a flashlight)), if you see stamped steel rockers then it's not cobra parts...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally Posted by JBIGBOOTSY View Post

A canadian mustang gt cobra? is or was the car canadian?

+1 all gt's had cobra on the title in canada...
makes me wonder...maybe my cars canadian...never looked into it, but my vin registers the car as a 92 ford mustang gt cobra, but i know performance wise, body wise, paint wise etc...(when it was stock) it was just a gt. kinda gets me thinking?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
its a GT... nothing to think about.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Dude if you bought a 93 with cobra badges and no cobra motor...u got screwed...the 93 cobra is a highly sought after cobra. What did you pay for it? It should say plain as day Cobra on the top of the intake. Post some pics and we can tell ya.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
+1

:pics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude if you bought a 93 with cobra badges and no cobra motor...u got screwed...the 93 cobra is a highly sought after cobra. What did you pay for it? It should say plain as day Cobra on the top of the intake. Post some pics and we can tell ya.
Well it doesn't have any cobra badges on it...I was only curious if it was a cobra because the title said it was. It doesn't say cobra on the intake but that was what I said before about maybe someone changing the motor. Never know what the people before me did to the car. I will get some pics uploaded.. Oh and I only paid 2400 for the car.. It's not that bad of a deal since it does seem to run good.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Dude google images next time lol. If it's not a 93, if it doesn't have cobra badges, it doesn't have a cobra intake, it's not a cobra. It's def a gt hatch.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Dude google images next time lol. If it's not a 93, if it doesn't have cobra badges, it doesn't have a cobra intake, it's not a cobra. It's def a gt hatch.
nice process of elimination.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts