Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing a 1994 ranger that is going to be a track only. i just got a 347 from chp. its got a c4 tranny. i would like to see it run a low 11 in the 1/4

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Thats a pretty sweet setup, I dont see any problems getting 11's out of that as long as it hooks up decent. Ive want to swap a 2.3 turbo motor into my ranger for a while but have never got too serious about it :/

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
One of the coolest videos i've ever seen on youtube was a 90's model Ranger with a 302. Im not sure what all was done to the engine but the truck looked stock and was out running Lightnings and SRT-10 trucks. Seeing this thread makes me miss my 99 model Ranger.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i took it to the track i had a lot of people liking that it was a ranger and not a s 10.
a guy i know has a ranger but he did a sbc and a turbo and that truck is fast.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
went to the track to just make a easy pass. was at the track for about 4 hours waiting because some one did not know where the end of the track was.we just wanted to make sure all was good because we have had some tranny problems. it ran 13.32 @94.90

·
Registered
53 Posts
nice....i would like to do some kind of swap on my 96 ranger...turbo 2.3 ...new tt ecoboost...or the new coyote 5.0...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah a friend got a 4.6 3v out of a 2008 mustang gt and all the wiring for the motor. he was tring to sell me before i got this but i had just did the c4 and was not sure if it would bolt in. i would have to change my fuel system so thats y i did not do it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
been a long time since i been on here. i been having hell with the truck. lost oil pressure and bent the oil pump shaft. had the transmission looked at and found stuff in it after it had just been rebuilt. they said it looked like my conv had trash in it. hope to get it all back together soon. may put a gear in it before i take it back to the track. i changed a few things too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got the truck in the shop getting some 1 3/4x3 fender well headers done. the tq was bad so i had it rebuilt and they raised the stall on it to about 4,000. im going to make a few passes on it before i change the gear. i also found i had a bad fuel pressure reg so that may have been y it was doing 95 mph at 13.0

1 - 20 of 47 Posts