Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Lookin good mam. I want a ranger with a 302 and a t-5 for a dd.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
its running good. we was going to the track last friday but it rained. the weather looks good for friday so maybe we will make it out there then.

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
Looks great! how hard was it overall to do the swap? I have a 95 that is starting to near the end of its life but the body is in great shape. 175k and its starting to nock a little. I dont know if i want to put a 302 in it yet or not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i got the truck with a 302 in it. it is not easy to work on alot of it was done wrong and i have been having to fix ever thing they did wrong. are u planning to stay efi or carb?

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
I have a 4x4 2001 Ranger, I wish I had the cash to build it. It's my DD and even though it gets crap gas mileage I like it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
my cash is low. i have not had a job in about 5 years. i had a bad bike wreck and my dad is helping me with this truck but all the problems we are having we are about ready to sell it. i cant race it because of my health from the wreck. the only problem is all the money we have in it we will never get it back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I want my next project after I get done with my Mustang to be a 5.0 Ranger. Nothing like having a quick truck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i had to pull the motor found some metal in the oil. i got the motor to the shop and the shop was saying my procomp heads was junk. he thinks the motor is to small for AFR 205 heads. he says he thinks i should do some dart 190 heads. im going to take the transmission to the shop next week to see why it leaks. the motor shop i went to has a dyno in it so im going to get them to dyno it to see what kind of hp it makes. also he said with 13.1 comp i should run race gas all the time that 93 with booster is not going to do it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
had to change up the motor some should be back out soon motor made 508 hp at 6500
447 tq @5500 on motor dyno

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
the 3:55 gears did not help. best pass was [email protected] only 101.89 mph. it was shifted right into 3rd gear right before the end of the track. the motors rpm was around 3,000 rpms when it went thur the finish line. we have a few things to do but I think a 9 inch and 4:30 gears and a set of slicks are next

21 - 40 of 47 Posts