Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
9/4/09: Today i bought a 96 SVT Cobra for $1300 that was involved in a wreck. Im going to use it for my engine swap. It is a 4.6L with a manual transmission. Since the auction yard is closed on weekends the car will be picked up and delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. I am planning on swapping the engine, transmission, the wiring harness, key less entry, rear end, drive shaft, some interior components, and using the driver side power seat for the passenger side to have dual power seats. I am also planning on getting the engine bay repainted, and getting the car undercoated because it has no rust being a Florida car for all its life until i purchased it. Having all the parts removed should make a simple job for a local shop to do a good undercoating job.

This is what i am starting with. Ill post pics of the Cobra when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
sounds like a nice little project. post pics of before, during, and end and try to take notes or something along those lines to help people out that may want to do this.

·
Registered
812 Posts
+1 on the pics and th tail lights :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wraitherlx: im gonna take pics inbetween, i will probably uptade every monday and friday, ill post replys on little problems we had and how we solved them for others future reference and then when the car is done i have a friend whos a photographer so were gonna do like a photo shoot for it.

BoostFiend: i want to get rid of them but money is a little tight, i have no job at the moment because im 15, but my dad is nice enough to be paying for all this, he baught the car for me around easter and since the day we baught it we have had plans of swapping it out but were waiting for the perfect chance, and we found it. it will probably be one of the things i do once i get a job, which will happen soon since i turn 16 in around 6 months.

Molitor: thanks, i love the car, its a very rare opal frost color, but sorry about the tail lights, they are being replaced in the future i have no idea with what kind yet but ill let you know

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
wraitherlx: im gonna take pics inbetween, i will probably uptade every monday and friday, ill post replys on little problems we had and how we solved them for others future reference and then when the car is done i have a friend whos a photographer so were gonna do like a photo shoot for it.

BoostFiend: i want to get rid of them but money is a little tight, i have no job at the moment because im 15, but my dad is nice enough to be paying for all this, he baught the car for me around easter and since the day we baught it we have had plans of swapping it out but were waiting for the perfect chance, and we found it. it will probably be one of the things i do once i get a job, which will happen soon since i turn 16 in around 6 months.

Molitor: thanks, i love the car, its a very rare opal frost color, but sorry about the tail lights, they are being replaced in the future i have no idea with what kind yet but ill let you know

stock

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im looking for stock ones, they are hard to find in the original color since it is a rare color for these cars. i might have found some on craigslist but the guy has not responded to the email yet. i would just buy any color but i dont have lots of money to get them painted and am worried about getting the exact color to match

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
im looking for stock ones, they are hard to find in the original color since it is a rare color for these cars. i might have found some on craigslist but the guy has not responded to the email yet. i would just buy any color but i dont have lots of money to get them painted and am worried about getting the exact color to match
even if you get them in the same color the chances of them matching are still slim because the car they were originally on went through different atmostpheric conditions, and environmental, and such. Would cause the paint to fade differently, or it just may not have been taken very well care of or taken extremely well of. You may need to get them repainted no matter what but they won't too much to re-paint.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
even if you get them in the same color the chances of them matching are still slim because the car they were originally on went through different atmostpheric conditions, and environmental, and such. Would cause the paint to fade differently, or it just may not have been taken very well care of or taken extremely well of. You may need to get them repainted no matter what but they won't too much to re-paint.
its worth the chance, and if worse does come to worst i can always get them painted, i found some on craigslist and when i go up to minnesota next am going to look at them

·
Registered
812 Posts
+1 on the stock, they are the best for these cars hands down, I have stock smoked ones I bought off ebay, I love the way they look :p

·
Registered
812 Posts
200 i think with the third brake light, ill look up the guys email if i still have it

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
idk, i think it mite look a little weird on my car cuz the surround for the tail lights is painted the color of the car, so it mite look a little weird, ill try to find some oneline and show everyone

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
called the guy today cuz it seemed like it was taking really long for it to get here and he said hes gonna pick it up friday, i wish the guy would just make up his mind, friday when it arives ill take pics and upload them

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the car arrived last night. ill take pics today and upload them as soon as possible. there's a few broken parts like the radiator and air pump and a few others but that's it, there's no suspension damage that we can see. great car for the swap. its gonna be a lot of work

·
Registered
812 Posts
sweet Brotha, keep us up to date!

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Get rid of the tail lights and wheels. Good luck on the build, we're here for any questions you may have.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts