Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996-04 Mustang 4.6L 2V & 4V High Torque Starter by PA Performance
-Question is this is at the top of my list for new parts in the next few weeks, does it rock or what?
-Also I am lookin at these MSD Coil Packs to go with.
-Will this blow away my stock spark? I need more spark!

Ive been having turn over problems ever since burning out my alternator and need a new starter.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good start or what?

These with my lil Optima Red Cap, am I on the right track here or what?:cool:
1996-04 Mustang 4.6L 2V & 4V High Torque Starter by PA Performance
-Question is this is at the top of my list for new parts in the next few weeks, does it rock or what?
-Also I am lookin at these MSD Coil Packs to go with.
-Will this blow away my stock spark? I need more spark!

Ive been having turn over problems ever since burning out my alternator and need a new starter.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
u dont need either of those things. Once your stock COP run out a Boost a Spark or your ready for a Big Stuff 3 with LS COP

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Both of those things are junk

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Coils are ****ed and im buying new better stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Those coils are junk never had any good luck with them. What's wrong with a new oem starter?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
save your money, the OEM starters are a hi-torque unit already, just get a stock replacement.

as to the coils, your on your own to research that, but I have had good luck with the Accel ones.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
save your money, the OEM starters are a hi-torque unit already, just get a stock replacement.

as to the coils, your on your own to research that, but I have had good luck with the Accel ones.
i have STOCK coils making 1200+ he doesnt need aftermarket ones lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
i have STOCK coils making 1200+ he doesnt need aftermarket ones lol
I never said he needed them, but that I have had good luck replacing failed stock coils with Accel ones (mainly due to cost).

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
and i have had good luck with Summit's brand coils. replaced them 2 years ago when i did the blower (due to faulty stockers) and haven't had 1 miss since.
they will work as well, my main point was that $400 for MSD's is a little out of hand compaired to what else is out there.

Reactions: mell0

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
most of MSD's stuff is junk anyways

1 - 14 of 14 Posts