Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this might be a problem that many 96-98 Mustangs have. Pretty much, lately, my speedo has been getting lazy. Like the speedo won't move until I'm going like 20mph, and then it starts to move. So when it shows 10mph, I am actually going about 30mph. Also, after I am moving at 40mph, it then becomes accurate again and shows the correct speed at anything over 40mph. I have stock rear gears so I was wondering if I can get any input about this problem. I did a quick search on the forums and google, and the only speedo problems I see is people trying to calibrate their speedo because they installed aftermarket gears, however, this is not the case for me. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
speedo gear, or vss, mines doing the same thing everynow and again, except, it wont move till im hitting ike 40 or so, or it just wont work at all. then i have to stop, wait, and it'll work again.

also, if i launch it from a dig, it wont read.
hahaha.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
my gauge will "float" when im around 60. It will bounce up and down for a second only a few milimeters. I have a new speedo gear and calibrator. I just made peace with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts