Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys my DD 1996 Ford Probe decided it wasnt gonna start this morning.

all it did was turn over, its not getting spark at all, theres fuel getting to it but no spark, everytime i turn it over i can smell like a sweet gas odor.

plugs are fine, cap looks good....

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I thought you were supposed to be some kinda badass tech.

Everyone knows you NEVER buy a ford probe....they are mazda motors. and they suck to diagnose. But...they did have serious distributor problems a while back. You say you have no spark, and the only thing you did was check the plugs and cap!!! There is ALOT of diagnosis you still need to do. But the distributors were junk on them.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, no we figured it out, there was condensation under the plugs after it rained and caused not to spark, i tried to start later in the day and only 2 cylinders fired, then i did a leakdown and compression test and readings were good, i let sit idle for a bit and they eventually all fired, damn probes (aka Mazda 626)

its cheap on gas, and it was only $500 and its a 1.8 turbo :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
hey all you need is the second **** car to keep the mustang nice

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
lol, no we figured it out, there was condensation under the plugs after it rained
You have no idea how hard me and my buddys at work laughed at this. Were trying to figure out how RAIN water gets under the plugs!!! Please explain this one man.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i said condensation buddy

we just had 3 days of rain and plus all the snow melting and and water levels were getting pretty high around here and there was water runing under the car about 5 inches deep and somehow water got under the plugs, dont ask me

use common sense dude, and state the obvious, how else could water get under the plugs?

think about man and dont be an asshole

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
you drive a 4 cycl mustang which should get pretty good gas mileage itself so why not drive that :dunno

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
because i run $11 a gallon race fuel in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts