Modded Mustang Forums banner

1996 Gt suspension suggestions?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  97S281 
#1 ·
okay guys i know theres a bunch of threads on here similar but i couldnt find one that straight up said what im looking for and i didnt want to spend a damn week reading them all.
so i have a 1996 mustang GT i got it yesterday and both frn strust are junk (horrible clunks and thunks going down rough roads) I also want to drop the car on different coils (1.5"-2.5") or as much as possible without it affecting anything in a neg way like the steering.
So i need suggestions on the cheapest optinions for strust to replace these busted ones with that could also work if i dropped the car a little ways. which i will at the same time if the price is right. the car will be mostly a daily drive and occasional 1/4 bracket racing.
thanks a ton guys and if you think your hard core and know everything about this car id love to talk to you cause its a bone stock 4.6L auto and im ready to do this car up so suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

#2 ·
i live in east lansing if you ever want to hang out or anything. as far as springs i would get either eibach pro kit or eibach drags i think. replace all the struts at once not just the fronts as you want the same wear on all the struts/shocks. i would look into some tockico d specs i think they are. let me know how it goes.

#3 ·
eibach sportlines and pro dampers

but if your more into drags then road racing then drag launch. eibachs FTW!!

#5 ·
thanks

hey guys thanks for the suggestions and im putting it on the lift tomorrow morning to go through and see what the hell is making all this horrible noise either way though im thinking the eibachs sound good. i just picked up a 4.6L with 20K orgiginal running complete for 500 im gunna use that to start builing my motor. i thought about doing the 351 but id rather just stick with the 4.6. thanks agiain to all of you. Zigbigdory that sounds good man are you a student? im goin to MSU and theres a guy in my race club that had a 97 GT too.

#8 ·
When altering your suspension components i have found that going cheap is not the best policy. You will definately pay later for going cheap up front.

It's much better to figure out what you want for your total overall setup and buy a piece at a time than to just replace this and that with whatever you can find cheapest.

You can sometimes find good quality parts for less than new cost on ebay and craigslist, as well as in the classified forums here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.