Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had acceleration problems with my mustang
ive changed the fuel filter and it still no good i have new spark plugs but i dont think that will help, can it be the fuel pump?

what do i tell the mechanic? should i just let him drive the car to figure out whats wrong with it?

hope the video helps, it me stepping on the gas all the way while in park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4LfjSVfvag&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
152 Posts
When did it start having problems? Do you daily drive it? And have you run more then one tank of gas through it since it started having problems?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
How did you end up here? lol

This is where you want to be posting:

96-98 Forum

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
if you want to be said and done with it. Take it to the Ford house and throw on their IDS and they will read fuel pressure and trim...

·
Registered
189 Posts
When did the problems start happening? Was there any work that was done to the car before the problems started? Even something as simple as a tune up can mess with your car, especially if the KAM wasn't cleared prior. New air filter? Clean a re-usable filter? Battery swap?

·
Registered
189 Posts
After watching the video, I personally think that it's a Fuel Supply/Delivery issue. You're car sounds like it wants to go but it's not getting the juice.

Check to see if you have good vacuum going to your Fuel Pressure Regulator and make sure that the FPR itself is in good condition, and not just allowing for the fuel to bypass.

Make sure that you don't have any lean codes, and if you can check your Long Term Fuel Trim as well as Short Term Fuel Trim.

If you have a Fuel Pressure Tester, check your pressures at different RPM while at neutral and see if the pressure dips drastically while snapping the throttle, or while hitting higher RPMs. It may show that the pump isn't sending enough fuel to maintain proper pressure at higher engine speeds or under load.

Does the car have any trouble starting? Where it takes multiple cranks for the car to finally turn over? If this is the case it may be related to the 1 way check valve inside of the pump itself, where it's remaining partially open allowing pressure to bleed back into the fuel tank.

Hope this helps a little!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No trouble turning on the car, starts on the first try. Don't wanna sell the car but it seem I might have to I'll be lucky to get 1500 for it

·
Registered
380 Posts
Vacum leak .... or cracked intake manifold .

·
WOT Junkie
1,163 Posts
I'm guessing your oil pressure gauge doesn't work?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a oil pressure sensor below the steering wheel, gets to 180 i believe when i'am pressing on the gas all the way.

out of the Mass Air, TPS, Fuel Filter, or Fuel Pump which one would you recommend to fix first

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Mass Air sensor its in your air box

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked the alternator cause my car keeps on turning off every time I remove the battery.
so I take it to the store and check if it's still working but they tell me it's working fine so put it back on and put on new spark plugs and put a new tps, the car runs normal. but I accelerate it too fast and the hood came off and hit my windshield and broke it so now I have to fix that. But now my battery keeps getting drained and it's not the alternator any ideas what the Problem

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hyper speed lol. Could be a bad battery i would get it replaced to see at least. There are many things like a running light or a short that could do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea feel stupid for forgetting to put the clips back on the hood, got the car running got exited and ramed the all the way did a small burn out and the hood came up and broke my entire windshield

·
Registered
686 Posts
We all have had our happy moments. Just replace the batt. It could just have gone bad and not holding charge anymore

1 - 20 of 23 Posts