Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1996 mustang gt and im looking to lower it and i went to look at the springs today and my car doesn't have springs? i talked to a couple people and they said i was crazy and i kno that i don't see springs. does anyone know why there isn't springs??

·
Registered
417 Posts
i have a 1996 mustang gt and im looking to lower it and i went to look at the springs today and my car doesn't have springs? i talked to a couple people and they said i was crazy and i kno that i don't see springs. does anyone know why there isn't springs??
That is impossible. Without springs, your car would be sitting on the ground. They aren't attached to the strut, they sit on the lower control arm.

·
Registered
417 Posts
ok i see it now lol wow im dumb. my last car had them around the struts
Nah, they are tough to see and if all you had in the past were ones that were attached, I can understand it. The majority of cars that have struts, the spring is attached to it, but the mustang doesnt.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yeah...modified mcpherson struts are weird. putting the coil over the shock/strut is better and recommended. btw if you want a little lower and want to keep stock shocks i would recomend eibach pro-kit. sportlines are even lower but new shocks recomended

1 - 6 of 6 Posts