Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted your opinions on this. Firs of all, you guys have been a great help. A number of you asked me what my intentions with the car are. Well, to be honest I'm just looking for a bad*ss car to drive around in. I'm not looking to run the strip anymore, and I'm not looking to "pass everything on the road" like I did in my twenties..:D

I am liking this...if the guy meets my price. It's a 1997 Cobra, and this is what he says about it:

"I am selling my 40,5xx original mile Rio Red 97 SVT Cobra. My 97 has very light modifications to it. It has a MAC (cat-less) off road H pipe coupled with a flowmaster 3 chamber 45 series cat-back exhaust. Sounds Great! It also has Eibach 1-3/4" lowering springs (pro-kit) with Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates. The only body mod is a 96-98 authentic Saleen S-281 rear spoiler, which is angled directly off the back. The Engine and drivetrain are unmolested and completely stock besides a K&N air filter and Pro 5.0 short throw shifter. Like I said earlier this Cobra has only 40 thousand original miles and is not a rebuild or a wreck. That means you could say it has been driven only 4000 miles a year since 1997. This Cobra is in very good condition and has been well cared for, I would rate the paint as an 8.6 out of 10 and the interior at a 9 out of 10. The car has never been involved in any kind of accident and is in very good condition. The oil has been changed every 2,000 miles because I am very anal with its up keeping. Make me an offer, I would be open to some negotiation. I am the second owner of this car and have owned it for two years. This is one of the nicest 97 low mile Cobra's you could find, and as you can tell from the picture's it s been well cared for. I'm selling because I would like to move onto something a little different and because I would like to buy a car that I intend to modify, or I might buy a truck. I can't bring myself to mod this Cobra because it has already survived 11 years without being molested and still has all the original parts. I would like to pass it onto someone else who can appreciate it for being what it is; a perfect example of an authentic, stock, low mile 97 SVT Cobra. I have the stock rear wing, springs, shifter, and exaust that will be included with the sale of the car. Also I just replaced all four tires with BF Goodrich KDW's that have just under 1000 miles on them. Price $11,900"

Keep in mind, I'm thinking of offering about $10,000.

Here are some pics, there are quite a few....looks nice IMHO.

Opinions? I booked it on KBB at 10,000 and NADA at 11,500.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Thats not to bad. It looks and sounds like its in great shape. Also it has the really low mileage. I would give 10k for it.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Yeah its a very nice car. If all you intend to do is drive it around town and not really hot rod it then this is perfect for you. But keep in mind this is not a bad ass car per say. It is fast and can be made incredibly fast (anything can) but dont expect to hop in it and run with termies and things of that sort. But I like it, I think it very clean for its age and is a very nice car.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I like it a lot. If you could get it for $10k that would be great. I wish the interior was all black though but that is just personal preference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its a very nice car. If all you intend to do is drive it around town and not really hot rod it then this is perfect for you. But keep in mind this is not a bad ass car per say. It is fast and can be made incredibly fast (anything can) but dont expect to hop in it and run with termies and things of that sort. But I like it, I think it very clean for its age and is a very nice car.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. :D I'm not looking to run down other cars and such (not these days, but in my 20's my 94 SHO got into A LOT of "scrapes" with various other autos :D)

For me, and what I'm looking for, this is a "bad ass" car.:)

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. :D I'm not looking to run down other cars and such (not these days, but in my 20's my 94 SHO got into A LOT of "scrapes" with various other autos :D)

For me, and what I'm looking for, this is a "bad ass" car.:)
I know what ya mean I was just saying that dont expect this car to jump on any new edge cobras or something like that. Be careful on what GT's you choose to play with. But is an awesome looking car and it very very clean.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Am I the only one who read this part?

to be honest I'm just looking for a bad*ss car to drive around in. I'm not looking to run the strip anymore, and I'm not looking to "pass everything on the road" like I did in my twenties..:D
That Cobra looks gorgeous. Good luck if you decide to buy. I found a garage-kept Laser Red '96 hardtop for my nephew with 48,000 miles, zero paint work and no dents or dings. This car looks even better than the one that he now has.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I hope you get it man and it would be better for it to go to a good home instead of some teenager picking it up and modding the hell out of it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I hope you get it man and it would be better for it to go to a good home instead of some teenager picking it up and modding the hell out of it.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I might even put the original spoiler back on. It is almost an investment in that condition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sick car dont know if these guys have searched for low milage cobras before nut thats a damn good price for 10g's u cant go wrong car looks awesome like the saleen wing

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
sick car dont know if these guys have searched for low milage cobras before nut thats a damn good price for 10g's u cant go wrong car looks awesome like the saleen wing
Not knocking you but only one person said anything about the price being a little high. I would jump all over it too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I paid about that for similar mods for my car. Go for it.

These have just a few HP less than a 99/01 or an 03/04 Mach 1. Go for it, Mustangs are fast from modifications and not the factory! (For the most part ;))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts