Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone who is willing to help! I am pretty new when it comes to suspension and I am having to redo pretty much everything. I don't know too much about coil overs and I know I have a UPR K-Member that can only hold coil overs. I am wanting to switch back to struts and springs but I just don't know what K-Member to get. I also wouldn't know what would be the best coil overs to get if I was to stay with the coil overs. I am a Daily driver and don't care so much about it being so lowered. I also don't want to hit a little pot hole and feel it in my bones lol.

· Registered
8 Posts
You have a couple options on what you want to do. I HIGHT recommend Maximum Motorsports for suspension parts, as well as great technical help. I've used their parts since 1997 or so on my first fox, and they were great to work with when I went with coil overs all around, and tubular front control arms on my 2001 Cobra. Rides amazing and handles great!

If you want to go back to traditional struts/springs, you should be able to find a factory K-member at a wrecking yard pretty easy. If you want to go aftermarket, Maximum Motorsports has those too. I am still using the factory K-member with my setup. They can recommend a great spring/strut/shock package for the street for the ride & height you are looking for.

If you want to keep coilovers, MM may have some compatible coilovers for that K-member, and that will save you some time/money that way. I really like their tubular lower control arms as well. Much lighter and just badass pieces than factory.

Give them a call, and explain what you are trying to do. As I said, they have great tech support, and will help you with what you want and work with your budget.

Here is my front coil over setup with their lower control arms

1 - 2 of 2 Posts