Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car bogs or sputters out at 5000 rpm and i don't know whats causing it i would greatly appreciat any input you might have. I've checked the fuel pressure, plug wires, coil packs, and someone put it on a dyno that didn't fix it.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
my car bogs or sputters out at 5000 rpm and i don't know whats causing it i would greatly appreciat any input you might have. I've checked the fuel pressure, plug wires, coil packs, and someone put it on a dyno that didn't fix it.

Could be spark plugs Either there Tired and need to be replaced or if there Gaped to wide it will cause it to misfire/break up at higher rpms.

Putting a car on a Dyno won't fix it:p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the reason i sent it to someone was to see what kind of air fuel mixture it was getting to narrow down my search on what was going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have an error code for the IMRC stuck open. have you heard of anyone having this problem and if cleaning it helped out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well that is the intake manifold runner control. Check to see if its working first, sometimes the electrical connections can come loose. Also, check the levers for the valves. And if everything appears to be ok, try clearing the it and see if the code comes back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didn't look into it yet. the code reads for the bank 1 side stuck open. do you think it could be possible that its a computer problem? theres a module that actuates the cables for the secondary runner control. and i just wanted to see what anyones thoughts were on the issue. i wouldn't think it is a computer problem cause i would think both sides would have issues not just one.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
There is a sub forum for 4 valve svt cars. You may get more ideas in there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
HMMMM...thats weird. But you never know, it could be a computer problem. There aint no telling, those things can be a pain in the ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts