Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys this guy has a 1998 chevy silverado. he is actinng like a dick to me and wants to race. i mean i know that his truck puts out much more hp than me but being a truck and being very heavy should let me have an advantage over him right? when i race him i will have the subs taken out the rear seat taken out and UD pullys. how do you think it will work out?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh forgot to mention it is an extended cab

i agree i think it will be a drivers race. i figured up the wheight to hp ratios and they are close. but this dude is being a complete dick. i think he is jhust trying to scare me.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Drivers race, pshhhhh you got him!

He has around 275 crank horsepower but trucks lose alot of power through the drivetrain with the big wheels, tires, axles, gears, transmissions, ect. For example, my truck is rated at 300hp but only puts 215 to the ground.

Also they are as aerodynamic as a brick.

He weighs another 1,500lbs more than you

You will walk him easy! and the faster yall go the better

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome this is the kind of replies i like. i guess i gave him more credit than he deserved. well i really like hearing this. i really want to beat him especially since he is being a dick. oh and when i estamated his hp to see the whieght to hp ratio i figured him at 290 so i really overestamated him. thanks for the info:)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
awesome this is the kind of replies i like. i guess i gave him more credit than he deserved. well i really like hearing this. i really want to beat him especially since he is being a dick. oh and when i estamated his hp to see the whieght to hp ratio i figured him at 290 so i really overestamated him. thanks for the info:)
Remember power to the ground is where it counts, he is probly putting 175horsepower to the ground at the most

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aewsome. what would you predict i put down? with the ud pulleys? maybe like 145 or so?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh swet ok will do thanks for the helpful info:) will def give you rep:)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well after arguing some more with this guy he tells me all his mods (big list of nice mods) and tells me he is running a 150 shot of nitrous. so i told him. hay had you told me that i would have told you yo would have won. so the argument is over and we are now friends.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ok well after arguing some more with this guy he tells me all his mods (big list of nice mods) and tells me he is running a 150 shot of nitrous. so i told him. hay had you told me that i would have told you yo would have won. so the argument is over and we are now friends.
That is always good. My dad had a 2001, extended, with a cat-back, mid length headers and a CAI and that truck woke right up. I don't underestimate trucks because where I'm from there are some pretty wicked ones. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts