Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe I am retarded but for the life of me I can't find a transmission mount for my car, about to swap x-pipe so figured I replace the mount while I'm there. The only problem is all the mounts I found won't fit my car. Currently my mounts bolt holes that mount it to the cross member are offset to the back whereas all the mounts I find are not offset at all.

Does anyone know where I can pickup a mount for my car? :D

EDIT: 1998 GT with the 5-speed, no local parts store carries the mount.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I am not sure what you are saying. Mine was available from the local parts store and was a perfect fit. Can you take a pic of what you are talking about?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This...Finally found it at LMR.com they want $64 bucks, sheesh. Anyone found it cheaper?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got my tranny mount with my ford discount at the dealership for like 40 bucks. The reason they are hard to find is because the 98 gt's tranny mount is offset. the other mounts in the 96,97 cars are straight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I figured as much...go figures I have the one car that has the part that only works for 1 year model. So does anyone carry polyurethane or solid mounts that anyone knows of?

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rockauto.com also has the wrong mount listed for the 98. I finally just had to bite the bullet and go to the local Ford parts warehouse and get it from them...68 bucks later.

For reference its Ford PN: F6ZZ-6068-A

Some places have it online for about 35 bucks I found with the PN. Hope this helps anyone else who's been having the trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts