Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, working on a Navigator swap on a 1999 Cobra. The car turns over but no fire. pulled #1 spark plug and no gas on new spark plug. pushed schrader valve on fuel rail and plenty of fuel there. I don't think the computer is firing the plug either. I think the PATS system is causing my issues but honestly I'm at a loss. I'm old school distributer, carburetor kind of guy and not much on this high tech computer controlled systems so any help would be very much appreciated.

P.S. fuel pump had no power to the pump but it did have power to the inertia switch so I am temporarily powering the fuel pump using that wire from the inertia switch

·
Super Moderator
4,863 Posts
Is the theft light flashing rapidly? Also check to see if the crank position sensor is plugged in and wires aren’t frayed. It’s pretty common for the clip to break causing the pigtail to back out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the theft light is blinking once I start to crank the engine. I read that if you leave ignition on for more than 10 minutes it will bypass PATS but that doesn't work. Theft light still flashes when cranking engine

·
Super Moderator
4,863 Posts
Yep it sounds like pats is diasabling the fuel pump. You don’t have the original key? I’ve heard of that method but it seems to be hit or miss.

·
Super Moderator
4,863 Posts
Did this issue happen out of the blue? There is a ring that goes around the ignition cylinder that reads the key. It’s possible that’s the issue. I had a similar issue with my old 02 gt where I’d get an intermittent crank no start caused by that ring/pats transceiver. Do you have a scanner?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts