Discussion Starter #1
Will a 03/04 easten Sc fit and will I be able to add the shaker onto that

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
there is still quite a bit of fab work but it is a good budget build. not a fan of the shaker hood mainly cause it does nothing

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
it shakes :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
there is still quite a bit of fab work but it is a good budget build. not a fan of the shaker hood mainly cause it does nothing
I would think at higher speeds like 80+mph it does force some air in there. But it looks sweet on the Machs.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I would think at higher speeds like 80+mph it does force some air in there. But it looks sweet on the Machs.
Yea it does at speed same goes with the aftermarket one that goes on the gt. Its routed right to the airbox and if you have the car running you can place a peice of paper or something of the sort 2inches or so away from the mouth of the shaker and rev it by hand and it will pull the paper towards the shaker opening so it is suckin in air clearly thats what i first did to test it out when i first put the shaker kit on my gt like 6 years ago. But some will say its just for looks and will add absolutely no power point blank thats debatable bc others say it does in theory lookin at the setup and what it does it should add some sort of horsepower at speed not saying 20or so HP but it Should add some thats pulling in outside cool air thats coming over the hood not under the car air ya know.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
it may pull a little air threw but the location of the maf being right after the air filter makes it so it cant get to much air blowing on it or else the car will run like crap at part throttle and coasting. hell i have stalled my car out by blowing on the air filter. ask any one who is supercharged and had issues with draw threw and maf turbulence.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
The shaker looks good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make it fit my car...just another way for the engine bay to get nasty.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I know when I did mine like 6 years ago it was mainly for looks bc i liked the look of tha shaker alot more than the look of the large fake scoop that came from the factory. It will in no shape form or fashion add 20hp or whatever to any car. I also seen a shaker adapter kit that will allow it to hook up to a centri blower too but it seems as if that may spell out bad news on a rainy day. I will post the adapter after this just in case my pc locks up again.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=52

1 - 14 of 14 Posts