Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wheel size would you recommend?

I'm leaning towards 20s mainly because I think they'd look better but I'm worried about the fact that there's so little tire that I might bend the rims if I hit a pothole.

Also, would they make my car seem more sluggish?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
i honestly think your car looks sweet with what you have on it now, judging from your sig pic

and the bigger the rim you have, the more it will weight, so your car will be slower...but you have almost 500hp, so it doesnt matter

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had this same question. I have 18s on my car now and have 20" saleens ready to go on...not sure if I should do it. People give me a hard time and say they're bigger and take away from my power.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I had this same question. I have 18s on my car now and have 20" saleens ready to go on...not sure if I should do it. People give me a hard time and say they're bigger and take away from my power.
they do, but why dont you just get a smaller pulley at the same time as you put the new wheels on...then you feel like they gave you power:D:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Haha true. Brenspeed told me to stay where I am unless I wanna build the motor. I'll just buy some headers :D

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
that'll work. or gears

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I ran an 11.94 on 20's with Nitto 555's. Not even the drag radials... My best time ever on slicks is 11.47... it is the tire height that will make the biggest difference, and the loss will be mostly off the line

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what about the risk of bending the rims?

My current suspension is really tight so even minor bumps are pretty jarring with my 18s. I'm worried about buying $500 wheels only to mess them up within a week.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
**** power... coming in last in style
Aren't you the guy looking for 650 rw...for some unknown reason?

·
Registered
540 Posts
ew.... I hate 20's on a mustang, besides it looking like ****, You will have a very little bit of rubber covering those wheels for it to fit...

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
s197's can pull off 20's. new edges really can't rock it as well

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
ew.... I hate 20's on a mustang, besides it looking like ****, You will have a very little bit of rubber covering those wheels for it to fit...
An s197 with 20's has just as much tire sidewall as a new edge with 18's

·
Registered
540 Posts
It is a little better on the S197's but still... not my thing. I would rather have 17's or 18's with more rubber

btw sweet bullitt

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
19's look better, but tire prices are the same or worse... AND unless you are buying 600$ track tires that are 1/2 as good as bad drag radials.

19 in front, 20's in rear w/ 1" stagger... make a HotWheel! JJ

20's

490rwhp... sluggish... THATs good stuff!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
^^ .... all I can say is.. wow. you seriously make my mouth drool every time you post a pic of your car

1 - 20 of 58 Posts