Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says I went to the track lastnight for the 1st time. This was my best time of the night. I was having a horrible time getting traction. Hopefully with better tires and alil more practice I can be in the 13's. Let me know what you guys think

R/T... .678
60'... 2.368
330... 6.280
1/8... 9.397
MPH...79.18
1000... 12.044
1/4... 14.254
MPH... 102.43

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Good tires will help you out a lot, 13's shouldn't be a problem at all if you can lower your 60'
Nice first time out .

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Any tips. I got regular street tires

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Try slipping the clutch instead of dumping it. You should be cutting at least a 2.1 60' with some more seat time, but not bad for the first time out :)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was nervous as heck

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you could get you 60 foot down to 2.1 (which isn't THAT hard, it just takes some practice) Your looking at 13.7 right their. Thats just being contricted in that 60 foot, where are you shifting? go ahead and shift her about 6450, or try it at least. Good luck man! Your going to see mid 13's very soon!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
If you could get you 60 foot down to 2.1 (which isn't THAT hard, it just takes some practice) Your looking at 13.7 right their. Thats just being contricted in that 60 foot, where are you shifting? go ahead and shift her about 6450, or try it at least. Good luck man! Your going to see mid 13's very soon!
why would he want to shift at 6450? power drops after 6250 if im not mistaken.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I would be bumpin my limit at 6400.. I have been tryin to hit it at 6200... I'm still gettin ready for the track.. got the drag radials on the right size rims now and am gonna be installing control arms along with an exaust upgrade next week... I haven't ever been to the strip either but I am going to go on grudge night first and get a good feel for it..

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was shifting at redline

·
Registered
638 Posts
13.7 is very very possible, the mph is good!

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
does anyone have a MPH chart like...

i run from 100-105 in the Quarter Mile therefore if i had complete traction and a really low 60' time you should run this time...?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
there is no chart that accounts for every car, maybe just a specific car. some cars have better top end speed then others and will trap at a higher speed.for instance a stock terminator usually runs Low 13's high 12's but will trap anywhere between 108-111 MPH. a modded s197 that runs low 13's and high12's will only trap about 104-107 MPH. traps are a good indicator on how well you will do from a roll.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
does anyone have a MPH chart like...

i run from 100-105 in the Quarter Mile therefore if i had complete traction and a really low 60' time you should run this time...?
Good question! I have no clue what any of these numbers mean or what is a good time or a bad time. Would love a web site that explained it all.

USA - I'm just excited for you that you got to run her at the track! :rockon

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
not bad times bro!! the next time you go you'll be in the 13's the 1rst time is just to get the hang of it. My first time i was around your times the WHOLE time then at the end of the day i said **** it i don't what im doin wrong. So i corrected it a little bit and got a [email protected] for my first day...your time is great for the first time ever at a track dude! Practice, practice, practice...just seat time

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
yeah mine don't either thats why i put my rev limiter at 7000rpm i shift at the strip at 6500rpm

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
that and shifting at 6500 puts you in such a better spot in your next gear...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts