Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have sold many items on the car forums I am associated with, and I have to admit I am very fair and detailed in my postings. I had never had any problems with anyone buying items from me and they have always messaged me saying they have received the product and thanks for the easy transaction. Modded mustangs and Corral have been great I had never had a problem. Well that all changed on Ls1tech. For the past couple of months I had been helping my buddy sell some stuff off of his 2000 Camaro SS. When he purchased it, it had a few boltons along with an STS rear mount turbo kit. I was able to sell that off real quickly on LS1tech and the buyer seemed very happy with the purchase. The camaro only had the fuel system and turbo kit on it for like 2500 miles so they were still fairly new parts. Well my buddy is caught between a rock and a hard place so I threw his 42lb Ractronix injectors on LS1techs classifieds for an un-beatable price of $150 bucks, that is less than half the asking price of retail. These injectors were in great condition, I inspected everyone before I posted and they all looked to be in perfect condition, as they also performed perfectly. Anyway they sold almost immediatly, and I went to get on the forums yesterday to check up on his car I was selling and had received negative feedback from the guy that purchased the injectors. 1st he threw up negative feedback before even contacting me so I was kinda ticked, then I asked what the problem was and he said that one of the injectors was badly damaged...... Okay I ask, so is the injector unusable? Can you please send a some pics of the damage? He responds, but doesnt answer the question, I then ask again is the injector unusable? He responds again but does not answer only telling me that one of the injectors had a bent prong and he wants some money back???? I told him they were fine when they left my hands and I have the pics to prove it, and I doubt that shipping did it, because I packaged them very well. Then I asked him again to send me some photos of the damage. Im still waiting to here a reply from him.

Sorry for the long post, things like that just bug the **** outta me lol.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Something similar happened to my friend with ebay, he sold some almost new front and rear shocks off of his E30 325i to some dude. My friend sent them out in very good packaging in a reasonable amount of time, well about a week later the guy he sold the shocks to filed a report on my friend saying the shocks were damaged and not as pictured, well my buddy asked for pictures of what he received and to his disgust they were not his shocks and looked like they had been left on a beach for 15 years. Well ebay obviously took the buyer's side regardless and my friend got banned from ebay.

A lot of shady people out there.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its amazing the crap some people try to pull.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Ive only had one bad experience.

It was when I had my diesel, a guy was selling a ceramic coated up pipe setup, he was a vendor for the site and it was on his personal truck. He had intentions of going a different route with his truck. I was the first one to jump on it and sent him the money.

3 or 4 days later he messages me and says he doesn't want to sell them and gave me my money back. He just wanted to keep them in his truck and make it a nice daily driver. Well a few months later I found his build thread for the truck and realized he turned around and sold them to a moderator on the site. The mod was only planning on buying that year truck to use them, I don't think he ever did either.

As far as selling stuff, I have only sold a fuel pump for like $50. I usually just give stuff away. I over nighted a $300 sensor to a guy in KS because he was in a tough spot and had to get his truck running.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,385 Posts
I'd mail that asshole a dildo with instructions on how to shove it all the way up his ass.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
I've had a bad experience here before too. Bought a pair of cobra taillights with the cobra harness. Except the harness was for a GT, not the cobra. So I wasted 150 bucks on a GT harness when it was said to be a Cobra harness. Anyways, This id your thread. not mine

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*Update* Still havnt gotten a reply from this guy, I have a good feeling he was just trying to screw me over. Oh well, hope I dont have to deal with anymore of these situations.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I somehow got an extra set of Cobreu seats, so I just sold them on Ebay, but I used the manufacuters picture, and this guy trys to pull this it aint the right color stuff, and told him this is the picture from their site, if you have a problem with the color and picture talk to them.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy finally sent me pics of the (toatally unuseable injector lol) Look at these pics, I just wanna find this guy and smack him accross the face lol.....

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked at the pictures and now im considereing sending him a dildo and a pair of pliers with instruction on how to use both lol

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
a couple months ago i posted in a thread to buy a set of cobra pumps/hat/level sender for a good price on svtperformance. sent the guy the money. within 5 minutes he told me he thought he could sell them for more and i told him if he felt that way that i thought it was wrong but i'd rather have my money back than no product. he ended up refunding the money, but did not refund all of it through paypal. i lost $5 in the paypal fees. i flamed him on svt about it but no one ever read my posts apparently.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts