Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do my first major detail on my car next week and just looking for a little advice. I have the wash from mothers, mothers claybar set, and i cant decide to either get the autoglym hd wax or the petes 53. Does that line-up of products look okay? Should I add anything or get something different? My next question is after I clay bar should I wash again and then wax it? My car is my dd and is not garage kept. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Either wax is a good choice since both are hybrids and provide quite q bit of protection. You can do an ipa wipe down instead of a second washing. This is a rubbing alcohol wipe down that you would do as if your using a quick detailer. Just put it in a stay bottle and dilute it 1:1 with distilled water spray to the panel and wipe with clean microfibers any streaks that are left go over with dry clean microfiber then you can apply the wax of your choice. I have AG HD

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright man thanks! I think im leaning more towards the Autoglym HD.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I want to try Petes at some point for sure! But I have had GREAT luck with AGHD

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I haven't tried Autoglym HD, yet. However I can tell you that they probably are both on par with each other from my usage of Pete's 53 and seeing results of AG HD. Remember, detailing is purely subjective. One person might like the look of Zymol Vintage and someone else might just like the look of Chemical Guys 5050. Gotta try it out for yourself.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah im most likely gonna buy the AG HD mainly just because its on sale. My next question is Ive read that its not good to apply the wax in the sun. Is this true? Ive been wanting to buy one of those car tents to park it under so this might just be a good reason to do it!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I wouldnt put it on in the sun...especially in Fla. It would be a good idea to go ahead and buy the tent. I dont even like to wash my car in direct sunlight.

Edit: Its good to keep the car as well as the product as cool as possible when polishing or waxing

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
No sun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts