Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Two Stangs
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i have been getting this first gear grind about a month now. Everytime i come to a stop i cringe because i know that it might do it. I know its not driver error because i make sure i have the clutch all the way down. Most of the time it goes in smoothly but when it does grind the speedometer jumps to about 20 mph real quick. All other gears work flawlessly so im assuming its not the clutch. Ive read of people grinding second or third but not first.....It feels like something is blocking first slightly, after grinding it to first then putting it into neutral and back to first the shift is smooth?

Tr3650

What do you guys think is causing this?

·
Boost Bro
1,758 Posts
You'd be surprised actually, try pulling on the clutch to adjust the slack. I had the issue of my car not letting me go in first at all from a dead stop. I thought it was the synco but it just ended up being a clutch issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In the owners manual it states 15mph or less to shift into first, I would try it though...
I usually sit in second then slide it into first before I start moving.its the only way it works in my T45.

·
Two Stangs
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does it at a complete stop. I pulled the clutch pedal towards me all the way then releasing it as thats how its adjusted correct? Still does it

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Try going into second before first. I know a lot of people that do that.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
If the clutch and everything seems to be working correctly Id say synchro.. If it was clutch issue It would do more odd things on top of the first gear grind.. maybe grind some others too

·
Pimp
664 Posts
Mine use to grind to go in reverse. Have to put in in 5th and than reverse, changed fluid when i swapped my motor and i dont have any issues with any gears now.

Knock on wood lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts