Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah, the other day i was bored and didnt push the gas and pull of the clutch when i was at a stop and my car started to go :eek: it was so weird lol, i though my car would of died and on top of that it didnt shake either,

my clutch is a fadanza 3.2

thats not bad is it?

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
if you are nice and slow with your clutch you can take off from a dead stop and work your way through a couple gears without ever touching the gas. I know i can sneak my way into 5th coasting at a low roll without using any gas. Its something i found out while trying to drop someone off without letting anyone hear my car.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
I may try this as a new hyper-miling technique. 30mpg here I come.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine does this too, the only difference is that its also accompanied by a high idle (2000 RPM) and a shifting problem.

Most signs point to IAC or TPS as the culprit.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Hmmm, don't know how mine would react shifting through gears at idle. I am pretty sure it wouldn't react well at all. With the Fidanza 3.2 there is no clutch slipping, its on or its off. Really, though, all the way to 5th at ~700 rpm? Gonna go try this.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Do you have to slip the clutch like crazy? I can't imagine that's too good for the face of the clutch or flywheel. If you don't have to slip it though, kudos!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Did it. All the way to 5th with no gas. It shook a little to get 3rd going, but it went. I don't ever want to do that again, though, it was really hard not to touch the gas. It was like I was committing a sin!

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Thats called torque fellas.... Doubt a honda can do that :no

·
Registered
121 Posts
So can someone explain this to me? I think I understand but I'm curious now to try this lol. If anyone could give me a quick run down it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
So can someone explain this to me? I think I understand but I'm curious now to try this lol. If anyone could give me a quick run down it would be appreciated.

??? Put the car in gear and ease out on the clutch without giving it gas, once the rpm come back up to normal after car is moving, shift to second and so on.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Thats called torque fellas.... Doubt a honda can do that :no
My buddy did this in his integra years ago. just gotta be easy on the clutch

Its just feeling the clutch. Just like your slower with the clutch when you let off from a light and droppin it at the strip. Any car can do it and anyone SHOULD be able to. But its horrible for your clutch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts