Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took my 03 Gt convertable down to the track yesterday. We ran it on the 1/8 of mile and my best time was 9.37 and that's power backing to 2000 at take off. The slowest time it ran was 9.77 with 2 people in the car. However my goal is to get it down into the 8s or mid 8s.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad times. You got an auto right? Keep working at it you will get faster
Yea I do. I stayed pretty consistent throughout. It did 9.37, 9.39, 9.50, 9.55, then that 9.77 with 2 people in it lol. I was thinking of getting 75mm trickflow throttle body and plenum and some udp. I really just want to get it down in the 8s. Don't really want to do nitrous, turbo, or supercharger as of now either.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not bad times at all. Mine is a 5spd and with only the cat back, cai and canned sct tune I ran a 9.13. Yours being a vert and auto id say you did very well on the clock. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ooopss bf was logged in still...I mean thanks!! lol

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Not bad(for a girl!)!! Just kidding!!

So now that you've run her down the track are you thinking of setting her up as a drag car?

John

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not bad(for a girl!)!! Just kidding!!

So now that you've run her down the track are you thinking of setting her up as a drag car?

John
No I don't want to turn into a total drag car. However, I do want my time to improve and it be more of a competitor. Even though I did beat quite a few cars I didn't think I would. I wouldn't mind getting it down into the 8's like I said. I just don't know what to do. I was thinking of going with throttle body/plenum and udp but I don't know how much that is really gonna help my time.

And I'm really not looking to ever do nitrous! And I don't want to put a turbo or supercharger in it really. It would be nice and everything. But I have to be realistic. I will never have the money for that.:(

·
Registered
670 Posts
Some 4.10s might be up your alley if you want the most gain for the buck without goin all out. Should get you to at least low 9s or high 8s with your current driving ability

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
No I don't want to turn into a total drag car. However, I do want my time to improve and it be more of a competitor. Even though I did beat quite a few cars I didn't think I would. I wouldn't mind getting it down into the 8's like I said. I just don't know what to do. I was thinking of going with throttle body/plenum and udp but I don't know how much that is really gonna help my time.

And I'm really not looking to ever do nitrous! And I don't want to put a turbo or supercharger in it really. It would be nice and everything. But I have to be realistic. I will never have the money for that.:(
heres your t/b-plenum,

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/air-fuel-parts/217473-f-s-trickflow-plenum-throttle-body.html

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Some 4.10s might be up your alley if you want the most gain for the buck without goin all out. Should get you to at least low 9s or high 8s with your current driving ability
++++1^^^^ Go gears!!!! 4.10's... they will make the most difference

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
++++1^^^^ Go gears!!!! 4.10's... they will make the most difference
The mods I already have are MAC lt headers, prochamber, and Borla stingers. I have a bbk cai intake and I already have 4.10s :). And I have a sct xcal 3 tuner.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
The mods I already have are MAC lt headers, prochamber, and Borla stingers. I have a bbk cai intake and I already have 4.10s :). And I have a sct xcal 3 tuner.
ahhh my bad.. lol are you leaving the line when you see the final yellow light?? some people wait to actually see the green light before they go.. thats not how u do it.. as soon as u see the last yellow light GO!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
also wut kind of tires do you use

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahhh my bad.. lol are you leaving the line when you see the final yellow light?? some people wait to actually see the green light before they go.. thats not how u do it.. as soon as u see the last yellow light GO!!!!
Yea I left at the last yellow light lol.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I just dont really think a throttle body is gonna help u pick up any significant amount of time. your tires aren't drag radials are they? Getting a set of Nitto 555r's or nt05s' drag radials would probably be ur best bet on noticing a difference.. But i dont know much about automatics.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just dont really think a throttle b
Code:
ody is gonna help u pick up any significant amount of time. your tires aren't drag radials are they? Getting a set of Nitto 555r's or nt05s' drag radials would probably be ur best bet on noticing a difference.. But i dont know much about automatics.
They may be good to look into but there was no problem with spinning.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
They may be good to look into but there was no problem with spinning.
Then maybe u aren't launching hard enough.. drag radials u will be able to launch harder.. im not even sure how u launch ur automatic to be honest.. ive never owned one. lol I know on a manual with out drag radials on the street I couldn't launch over 2000 rpms with out spinning all over the place.. but after putting on my drag radials now im launching at 3500 rpm with no spinning at all.. haven't made it to the track yet since putting them on.. but it's gotta be nice, if it made they big of a difference on the street. my 12.4 qtr time is on the street with a g-tech.. with those drag radials.. im sure they will hook even harder at the track.. so im expecting 11's easy.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With my auto I power brake it to 2000rpm which is all it would hold. My short time was very good but my end of track time was not that great. The launch isn't my problem

One mistake I did make was filling up the gas tank before I went

1 - 20 of 42 Posts