Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pondering this thought during school today lol. I was thinking, if you got a non intercooled 2.1 KB kit then bought the CX racing ic, that should work right? I know you would most likely need to modify the piping or whatever for the IC to fit but anyways, it should be good right?

This is the FMIC I'm talking about-
cxracing.com: Front Mount Intercooler Kit For Mustang Turbo Supercharger New, Intercooler:31"x11"x3"

Then for the KB kit, this way would save money since they want a grand more for the intercooled and the CX racing FMIC is only $359 for it. Could save someone money wanting to get a 2.1 KB for their GT.

TS1000-99 KIT $3899.00 6-14** PSI KIT W/AC ('99-'04 4.6 MUSTANG 2V) NON INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP, CHIP (**14 psi kit NOT 50 State Legal) 2.1L

* TS1000-99-INT KIT $4999.00 6-14** PSI KIT W/AC ('99-'04 4.6 MUSTANG 2V) INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP, CHIP (**14 psi kit NOT 50 State Legal) 2.1L

** TS1000-99-BK KIT $5499.00 9-25 PSI KIT W/AC ('99 UP 4.6 MUSTANG 2V) INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP, COBRA TB ("TUNER KIT") 2.6L

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
you are kidding right? KBs are air to water intercooled...could not be any more opposite than a turbo or centri setup ma dood....

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are kidding right? KBs are air to water intercooled...could not be any more opposite than a turbo or centri setup ma dood....
I'm a noob when it comes to SC's. I don't know anything about them lol. Just wondering.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
It's totally possible, but why?

You'd have to completely fabricate all the mounting and piping.

As shown, the KB and most PD type blowers use liquid to air intercooling. This means they have discharge side down, right through an intercooler into the manifold.

The air to air has been done before, and was even seen on the M90 3.8 supercoupes. That way they have the discharge side up which goes to a collector, then to a pipe, intercooler, and into the manifold. Lots more piping. Plus you'd need to fab up the brackets since none are available.

Not worth it.

EDIT: Pictures for future reference

Here's a lightning manifold with intercooler.

The blower bolts to the intercooler (middle) which sits in the middle of the intake manifold (right).

Supercoupe motor with an M90-

Compared to the KB kit, the blower is upside down, and you can see it discharges into the tube that goes to the intercooler, no liquid involved.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhhh. Thanks for the info guys. Reps to everyone.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I didnt mean to come off like a dick...I just thought you were trolling lol everything these guys said is right on the money. If you have any questions about a KB setup feel free to PM me anytime :yes

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt mean to come off like a dick...I just thought you were trolling lol everything these guys said is right on the money. If you have any questions about a KB setup feel free to PM me anytime :yes
It's all good man lol. I might have to one day... :baller:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts