Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences, if any, between the block of a N/A 2.3 and a 2.3T? not talking abot internals or anything. just the block.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
shoulda read up through the threads. i found my answer in another one. my ultimate question was going to be, how much difficulty would would i encounter in trying to competely rebuild and boost a N/A 2.3? or would it even be worth the time and money?

also, how much hp could you realistically get from a N/A 2.3? it'd be nice to make a "big-boy" feel like a little girl on the street.

any input would be Kool & the Gang. i'm still looking for a fox and i've found 2 that i've been looking at in my area.

one is a 90 GT that needs a little paint and some tires. 1500 bucks.

the other is a 89 Notch 4 banger. (love the Notch, that's why i'm leaning a little more towards this one.) it's in pretty good shape, body and interior wise tht is. but the engine needs some lovin. the guy only want like 500 for it, and i'm pretty sure i could roll over there and snatch it up for less than that. (now that i think about it, i should buy that one even if i do get the GT)

anyway, i'm just trying to figure out which route i want to go. 5.0 or 2.3.....?

i'm not looking for increadible speed or anything. i just want it to be fast for what it is, ya know?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
it wouldnt be to hard but it does get pricey

go to a machine shop and ask them. they will know what to do

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
the head is the issue turbo heads are lil pricey

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
that and the oil feed for the turbo and the thickness of the 2.3T block

:-\

·
Registered
148 Posts
minor combustion chamber differences and the exhaust valves are up to the heat
the thickness of the block has been debateable and for the most part has come out to be the same between non turbo blocks of the same generation

your not going to want to turbo the n/a set up, compression is too high and cast pistons too weak

people have done it using a turbo ECU and injectors/vam etc and its lasted making 10 lbs on jacked up fuel pressure to keep the a/f in the 11-12 range

just get a turbo shortblock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blocks are casted in a different country

there are going to be big differences when one engine is assembled in germany and the other in dearborn. And don't forget the SVO blocks have oil squirters pointed at the bottom of the pistons (people usually forget that one)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts