Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have and 04 cobra was wondering whats better for everyday use is a 3.4 overkill for basically street use and the ocassional trip to track ?

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Nope!!!!!!

A 2.3 whipple is capable of 600 rwhp
A 3.4 whipple is capable of 700+

For the 700-900 price difference I'd op for the 3.4 unless you just got a great on a 2.3

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I know im new, but, ive heard that installing the 3.4 that you might need to have a higher hood clearance. is that true?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
lol i wouldnt doubt it.. but just cut a whole in it.. i think that loooks badass

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
kenne bell

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

KB Mammoth :yes

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
remember the parasitic loss for the larger blower as well. the big boy is capable of big #'s , but will take more to turn it as well. if you not looking into going big, then dont worry about doing the large blower. get what you will utilize, i personally say a little smaller one. KB has an in between as well, maybe look into that option.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
And you can't beat the infamous whine of the 2.2 KB blower :rockon

·
Registered
107 Posts
the 3.4 is a awesome supercharger, but works best with race fuel tunes, the upgraded 2.3 is a great bolt on we have had good luck with that unit. you can send me a email if you want a price on the ford racing whipple. can't put the price on the site.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
remember the parasitic loss for the larger blower as well. the big boy is capable of big #'s , but will take more to turn it as well. if you not looking into going big, then dont worry about doing the large blower. get what you will utilize, i personally say a little smaller one. KB has an in between as well, maybe look into that option.
i have seen 2.2's go well into the 9 second range. just think a 3.4 would be largely overkill unless your really gonna push that thing...
the 3.4 is a awesome supercharger, but works best with race fuel tunes, the upgraded 2.3 is a great bolt on we have had good luck with that unit. you can send me a email if you want a price on the ford racing whipple. can't put the price on the site.
+1, 2, and 3. Unless you plan on running race fuel and some major boost to spin that big ass blower, than I would stick with the 2.3. They are more than capable of making enough power for a street car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.