Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
theres no point in getting anoth 4 banger unless you need to
i crashed my 89 the other day and the only reason my 2.3 is going into another one
is because i dont have to money to put a v8
go with the v8 man or a 6 preferably the 6 lighter faster

·
Registered
44 Posts
ne one looking for a n/a 2.3L i have 2...and wanna sell um.....

one has 90xxx miles onit and the other has 80-180xxx? previous owner didnt kno eather......so if any one lives near detroit let me kno cuz i need money and wanna get rid of them.....iwasnt thinkin maybe 200bux for each? i have all intake/exhaust throttle body stuff for it who knos maybe ill have some other stuff for a na 2.3 cuz right now if i dont sell them im gonna go have the whole drilled so they can both become 2.3T blocks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Like i said before ALL the 2.3 blocks will work from those years, but the 91-96 blocks will not work because of the 8 plug head

i know the 1977-1990 block will work because i have a 90 2.3 N/A from my car in my garage and a 1979 block

and they are identical, as what your trying to say for fuel pumps, thats a completely different story, thats all about the cars electrical and intake setup

and when i did the 2.3T swap, i was able to use the stock wiring harness with an LA9 EEC, then later switched it to mega squirt

You dont realize how many guys are switching from carb to EFI, because it is simple to do, which tells you the blocks are the same

the only difference between the blocks are

The 2.3 turbo which has an oil feedport

the N/A 2.3 has either a Distributor port or an 8 plug head

the 2.5 block is from the ford rangers, a stroked 2.3, has a bigger crank
LA9? wtf
and what the fuel pump question was talking about was if it had provisions for a mech fuel pump driven off the motor like on early carb cars which did not have electric pumps

21 - 28 of 28 Posts