Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the 4 bolt would do a more solid stiffening of the front end is this true or does it not even matter?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
This is something I was curious about as well. I am interested on the shelby ST over the the on that comes with the Ford Racing Suspension kit which is only two.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I've got the Shelby billet STB. I like it, it is a nice piece.

As far as your question, I don't know if it makes a difference in how it is mounted. The only minor concern is that maybe when you unbolt all four strut tower mounting bolts there is the possibility of your strut mount shifting a little, but I don't think it is much to worry about.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hey Boss did you see a difference on your ride?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I think i can speak for everyone that's done this modification. Unless your diving this car into high speed turns your not going to feel a difference upon install.

However, if you ever have to take it off in the future after driving with it on, you will immediately say to yourself WTF??, and then realize there is a significant difference in the cars feel in and out of corners.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hey Boss did you see a difference on your ride?
Not so much when I put it on, but when I took it off for a couple of days I noticed a difference. It did not feel as solid going into a corner hard. After the apex I didn't notice a difference, but my car is kinda squirrly accelerating off the corner anyways.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
LOL OIC, By the way guys... a quick question. Let's say I'm interested in the FRP Suspension kit and I ask them to keep the STB do you think they will allow me? I want to get the Shelby one that's why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.