Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever tryied to put a 2.5l engine from a 99-01 ranger in a mustang? what all mods would need to be made? could u use the 5 speed from the ranger as well and just replace the gears in the tranny? i was also day dreaming about putting a 4.6 from a 03 gt in my car but i belive that would run a **** ton of money and alot of knowledge on whata to do. any thoughts on either of them

·
Registered
33 Posts
i really dont know so much but i think the engine will fit with any problem, as i understand the block is the same with more bore and longer stroke crank , and the heads are the same, so its doable.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
They are the same engine entirely, other than the stroke length. The swap would be seamless if you take a 2.5 bottom end and put a 2.3 head on it out of the car you have. I belive the 2.5 has round toothed cam drive set, so the pulleys from the 2.5 bottom end will need to be swapped to ones from a 2.3, or the 2.3 cam gear swapped for the 2.5 cam gear.

·
Registered
519 Posts
so the 2.5 is a direct swap? how hard is it to swap the cam gears?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yes it is a direct swap if you only swap the bottom end. the cam gear is easy to change. Make sure you time it correctly on reassembly.

·
Registered
519 Posts
How much power can the rods handle in a turbo app

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yes the stock pistons are no good for boost unless you go low low boost.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok what about the computer can i still use my computer from my 93 2.3 or do i need to use one from a ranger? also can i use the tranny from the ranger also or do i need to stick with one from a mustang or thunderbird? if i can find a 2.3 tranny the belhouseing should work.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You should use the ecu for what engine the fuel injection system uses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts