Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the supercharger safe to go on a stock engine with 130,000kms? i want the 2.6 because i have plans for rebuilding. hence the big superchager i will be running the 9psi pully. so i don't go over the safe limit.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I can't say what miles 130,000kms is but it sounds like a lot and it would depend on how soon you are going to rebuild?? Running 9psi would be kinda of safe, thats what I beleive termies run stock but they have a lower compression to compensate. As for the IRS and solid axle depends on you a solid axle will give you better times on the 1/4 and an IRS will dominate the track. The swap is relatively easy only a couple of fabrications or mods im sure there is a thread about a IRS swap??

·
Registered
177 Posts
all ive heard about the IRS swap is that if youre going to be putting down lots of power... you need to worry about wheel hop, so i'd stick with the stocker

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
hell yeah get that blower! and keep your stock rear end!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
safe limit is 15psi :)
honestly if your going in thinking of a rebuild anyway, get that blower and try 13, i'll bet you'll be ok..tuning is key..

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
DAMN! Rear ends too? They'll tax anything nowadays! I hope the IRS goes to hell!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahaha. ^^. the rebuild could be a year. maybe two. all work will be done by myself. cause thats what i find most fun. haha. i just wanna keep it around 400 just so the rods don't get someone in the eye.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
then keep it at 9....make sure you don't get on it when it's cold with all that torque it may happend sooner than you think...

·
Registered
374 Posts
depending on the tune and power it will last a while mileage is not that big a deal, DON'T SWAP TO AN IRS irs breaks like hell drag racing, the stocker will hold more power than most give it credit for but the best swap you could do is a 9 inch or 31 spline, if you want handling seek it else were springs, sway bars, struts, control arms what ever.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
turbo... you think 15 #s is ok? it might be for a lil while but thats quite a bit for that stock shortblock. Id rather go with heads/cams for the extra power that will be safe and more efficient than just go 15#'s right off the bat. Im a firm believer in these stock shortblocks being tougher than credit given but i also think that efficiently gaining the numbers will prolong the life.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
turbo... you think 15 #s is ok? it might be for a lil while but thats quite a bit for that stock shortblock. Id rather go with heads/cams for the extra power that will be safe and more efficient than just go 15#'s right off the bat. Im a firm believer in these stock shortblocks being tougher than credit given but i also think that efficiently gaining the numbers will prolong the life.
+1

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I agree, dont go IRS even for the corners. Although it is a great system, it is easier and cheaper in most cases to build up you solit rear. I am runing the Steeda 5 link and it handles the corners amazing

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
The 2.6 would be out of its efficiency range by a tad... but damn im jealous :sorry i went with the 2.1 cause i didnt want to get a forged block... well that didn't last long when mine blew up lol!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh No worries Ryan. i have 4 grand to pay off first. and i'm picking the car up this weekend. hopefully there will be nothing wrong with it. im gonna have my performance shop take a nice look over it. sucks buying a car now so i have to store it over winter but i got everything i want and for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
15 psi is HUGE. You can make enough power to snap your stock rods with 9psi easy. I wouldn't go anywhere 15psi with a stock shortblock unless you really badly want to break it, or you are REALLY soft footed. But whats the point of the power if you can't use it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts