Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the supercharger safe to go on a stock engine with 130,000kms? i want the 2.6 because i have plans for rebuilding. hence the big superchager i will be running the 9psi pully. so i don't go over the safe limit.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also what the difference between the IRS on the Cobras, and the gt's? is it worth while in the end to do a swap? or is it just a reciepe to more problems?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I can't say what miles 130,000kms is but it sounds like a lot and it would depend on how soon you are going to rebuild?? Running 9psi would be kinda of safe, thats what I beleive termies run stock but they have a lower compression to compensate. As for the IRS and solid axle depends on you a solid axle will give you better times on the 1/4 and an IRS will dominate the track. The swap is relatively easy only a couple of fabrications or mods im sure there is a thread about a IRS swap??

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
hell yeah get that blower! and keep your stock rear end!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahaha. ^^. the rebuild could be a year. maybe two. all work will be done by myself. cause thats what i find most fun. haha. i just wanna keep it around 400 just so the rods don't get someone in the eye.

·
Registered
374 Posts
depending on the tune and power it will last a while mileage is not that big a deal, DON'T SWAP TO AN IRS irs breaks like hell drag racing, the stocker will hold more power than most give it credit for but the best swap you could do is a 9 inch or 31 spline, if you want handling seek it else were springs, sway bars, struts, control arms what ever.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
turbo... you think 15 #s is ok? it might be for a lil while but thats quite a bit for that stock shortblock. Id rather go with heads/cams for the extra power that will be safe and more efficient than just go 15#'s right off the bat. Im a firm believer in these stock shortblocks being tougher than credit given but i also think that efficiently gaining the numbers will prolong the life.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
turbo... you think 15 #s is ok? it might be for a lil while but thats quite a bit for that stock shortblock. Id rather go with heads/cams for the extra power that will be safe and more efficient than just go 15#'s right off the bat. Im a firm believer in these stock shortblocks being tougher than credit given but i also think that efficiently gaining the numbers will prolong the life.
+1

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I agree, dont go IRS even for the corners. Although it is a great system, it is easier and cheaper in most cases to build up you solit rear. I am runing the Steeda 5 link and it handles the corners amazing

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
The 2.6 would be out of its efficiency range by a tad... but damn im jealous :sorry i went with the 2.1 cause i didnt want to get a forged block... well that didn't last long when mine blew up lol!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh No worries Ryan. i have 4 grand to pay off first. and i'm picking the car up this weekend. hopefully there will be nothing wrong with it. im gonna have my performance shop take a nice look over it. sucks buying a car now so i have to store it over winter but i got everything i want and for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
15 psi is HUGE. You can make enough power to snap your stock rods with 9psi easy. I wouldn't go anywhere 15psi with a stock shortblock unless you really badly want to break it, or you are REALLY soft footed. But whats the point of the power if you can't use it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.