Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we figured out my fuel issue up top by replacing my PMAS MAF with an SCT BA3000 MAF...was all fine and dandy except the voltage of the MAF was going up and down causing my AFR's to do the same. Tuner called the MAF company, they said the 3" IC piping to 4" MAF were fine, just the MAF had to be clocked. Tuner did that, now it's starting to act like my PMAS MAF did losing fuel up top and almost having the thing pegged (4.5V). Seriously, what are the odds of having two bad MAF's? Or what could be causing them to go bad? We have a new one on the way because the "head" of the MAF place said it's a faulty MAF. If this one doesn't work, then I'm going to set the car ablaze and get an LS1....

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Blow-through or pull-through?

What does the plumbing before the MAF look like--you need at least 6" of straight run, preferably more, before the MAF or there will be differing turbulences and flow paths through the MAF at different air flows.

Because the sensor only samples a small portion of the total flow, from a fixed position, if that sample does not accurately represent the total flow the wrong message will be sent to the PCM...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I tried to tell you this before but you got to go with a slot style maf in a 3 inch housing. It will solve all your maf issues. Also as stated before maf placement is extreamly important. If clocking your maf around changes things as much as your saying then it is placed way to close to a bend

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blow-through. My tonsil style worked last time, and I don't see why it won't again. I have over 6" of straight piping on both sides of the sensor itself.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Damn man that sucks. So right now its a 3" to 4" then back to 3"?? I think that could be your problem. Your tuner said it wasnt, but **** he didnt know your MAF was pegging. Something to look into anyways.

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn man that sucks. So right now its a 3" to 4" then back to 3"?? I think that could be your problem. Your tuner said it wasnt, but **** he didnt know your MAF was pegging. Something to look into anyways.
Nope. They called Deltaforce (maker of the MAF but same thing as BA3000 MAF) and they said to just clock it. It wont make a difference. I don't get it. I have virtually the same exact setup as you, except longtubes and lower CR, and yours is still mint! FML. And its not that he didn't know it wasn't pegging, he just didn't have it logged at the time cause we thought it was only fuel issues.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nah I hear yah man. **** Idk, I hope it works out for you. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Lol man I hear yah, it sucks after all the money you just spent and work you put in, and the MAF is ****ing it up. Id take stal's idea. Why give up when your a good MAF away?

Go with a slot style setup from I think VMPTuning.com its worth a shot if its ****ed again. Good luck man

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
That 3000 is waaaaay too big for your setup. You shouldn't be pegging a 3000 at your power levels. Like stal said, get a tonsil style and a housing that's the same size as your IC piping

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If this new one doesn't work, I will be going with a BA5000 slot style MAF as a last resort.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I assumed in my prior posting that your tuner has loaded the proper transfer function for the BA-3000 into your tune--is that correct? It's not just a "drop-in" replacement.

Here is the base (starting point) transfer function for the BA-3000:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts