Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas all.
I feel kinda dumb asking this question, but here goes. I bought a Steada UDP for my 08 Stang. I opened the box and noticed that there is 2 parts. One part is the UDP the other looks like a bowl with many holes in it. I thought the Steada UDP was a one piece pulley. I looked at the instructions and I didn't see any reference to that other part .Can you tell me what that other part is for?

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes with the crank pulley and the one with all of the holes in it is a water pump pulley.
Wow I didn't know I had 2 pulleys to change . Thanks for the info , Your not so Nasty after all :)

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Wow I didn't know I had 2 pulleys to change . Thanks for the info , Your not so Nasty after all :)
Well you didn't want to slow your water pump down, did you?

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you didn't want to slow your water pump down, did you?
I will be installing my UDP in the spring, I don't see any advantage in slowing the water pump down!
I would think I could install the udp with out that pulley ?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I will be installing my UDP in the spring, I don't see any advantage in slowing the water pump down!
I would think I could install the udp with out that pulley ?
You need that pulley to keep it up to speed. When you change the crank pulley, everything slows down. That is why you need the W/P pulley to keep the RPM's of the pump in ratio with the engine speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts