Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I've had my pypes 2.5" x pipe on my daily driver for over two years now.. I've had it off/on more then I can count on both hands within the last year and it's been fine. I would agree normally I wouldn't like pypes quality but this thing seems nice and the two piece style really helps with adjust ability. It's lined up good with my bbk shorties and both mac catback and the pypes catback which was total dog **** fyi

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
My o2 seized in my pypes x-pipe. Eventually got it out with an impact after nothing else worked and the threads are gone. So I'm going with the BBK X. I didn't like the 2 piece design really.... always came loose a little when I would hit bumps

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
My o2 seized in my pypes x-pipe. Eventually got it out with an impact after nothing else worked and the threads are gone. So I'm going with the BBK X. I didn't like the 2 piece design really.... always came loose a little when I would hit bumps
I'm not defending Pypes but an O2 sensor sticking can and does happen with any exhaust system. Use anti-seize next time ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the reason why I need a 2 piece x-pipe is because my x-pipe now is getting all bent up and the flange is all mangled. I have an exhaust leak and the worst part is that I live in California and the muffler shops down here are such dicks and hate dealing with working on my x-pipe. I went there to have them regrind my flange and they threw a bitch fit saying I'm trying to get them in trouble and they can get a ticket for working on my car. so with the 2 piece x-pipe I can easily swap whenever I want my lost horsepower

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've had my pypes 2.5" x pipe on my daily driver for over two years now.. I've had it off/on more then I can count on both hands within the last year and it's been fine. I would agree normally I wouldn't like pypes quality but this thing seems nice and the two piece style really helps with adjust ability. It's lined up good with my bbk shorties and both mac catback and the pypes catback which was total dog **** fyi
haha pypes sound check ad above haha

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
lol yeah when I got the car it had the pypes violator catback on it and it sounded/looked (gay style tail pipes) like ****... sold them and throw macs on there which were considerably heavier but I knew they sounded the best for the money

1 - 20 of 24 Posts