Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so, i am in the market for some braking now, in my previous mustangs, i was happy with the pbr stock 11" replacement (10.8 to be exact). noticeable improvement over the single piston, with out the big dent in the pocket. well, i was looking and noticed that the 03 front calipers are simular looking to the pbr i put on my 93 notch a few years ago. anyone know if the 2 piiston calipers are stock on the 99+ mustangs, or are they look-a-likes and i will still have to switch to 2 piston calipers. if they are 2 piston calipers, i can tell that the stopping power is not that great. i am thinking that the brake fluid/ brake pad/ brake line combination needs to be fixed, because my wifes expedition stops quicker then my stang. anyways, ive had about 3 too many cups of joe, and im rambling. any info is apreciated. thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 99-04 are pbr 2 piston calipers stock. a good and common upgrade is to grab some 03-04 Cobra brakes.
when im faster, maybe switch up to 13", but with that information, maybe just a little maintance and ss line upgrade/pad upgrade/fluid change. if that isnt sufficient, guess ill be looking at 13".

·
Registered
927 Posts
try some hawk or axxis delux Brakes pads .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts