Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not huge problems. just things that bother me because they dont work, and they should.

1- Rear defrosters the 2 cables on each side, came detached from the window which means I have no rear defroster and Often need it. How do I Reattach these ? has anyone else had this problem??

2- My Window washers don't work, the driver side one trickles out about an inch, the passenger one doesn't work at all, How can I unclog these? I tried the needle thing. didn't work.

I did a search but only came up with Recalls and TSB (?)s on them.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
take off ur cowl. there are a few screws under the hood, take the wipers off
and then pry off. THen you can take out the squirters and buy new ones or try and soak them in hot soapy water. I had to buy new ones.

Just slide the electrical connectors back on the copper tabs.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take off ur cowl. there are a few screws under the hood, take the wipers off
and then pry off. THen you can take out the squirters and buy new ones or try and soak them in hot soapy water. I had to buy new ones.

Just slide the electrical connectors back on the copper tabs.
thanks Ill try to remove the cowl, I looked to see how but I couldnt figure it out. but it was dark , Ill look again in the morning.

the copper tabs are still connected to the electrical connectors and they are just hanging there :(

·
Registered
927 Posts
Not huge problems. just things that bother me because they dont work, and they should.

1- Rear defrosters the 2 cables on each side, came detached from the window which means I have no rear defroster and Often need it. How do I Reattach these ? has anyone else had this problem??

2- My Window washers don't work, the driver side one trickles out about an inch, the passenger one doesn't work at all, How can I unclog these? I tried the needle thing. didn't work.

I did a search but only came up with Recalls and TSB (?)s on them.
Solder the tabs back on, make sure to put a paper and a damp towl in the corners so it doesnt get on your deck.
its a pain but it can be done .
RadioShack.com - Cables, Parts & Connectors: Tools & soldering equipment: Soldering tools & supplies: Cordless Soldering Tool Powered By Cold Heat™

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Theres a much easier way to do it. If you can get copper tape or paint, it will work on connecting back your defrost tabs

·
Registered
927 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts