Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so im ordering a qa1 kit and i was wondering on spring rate.. i already asked this question but didnt get a solid answer... for a drag setup, would i want the 12-250 or the 12-350 spring rates?

next question is, do coilovers require new front struts? or do they require a different set up?

heres the kit im planning on ordering 96-04 Mustang QA-1 K-Member Kit

thanks

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
gonna say the 250, and if possible i would get the 14" spring as it will feel better on the street. i would also get a set of caster camber plates if they are not included in the kit.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Neither if drag racing is your only concern. Need something like a 14" 175 rate

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohhh okay thanks guys because i heard that the eibach launch kit had a spring rate of 14-350/450... so i figured thats what i wanted. but i really had no clue lol.. why do you want the springs so soft?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
ohhh okay thanks guys because i heard that the eibach launch kit had a spring rate of 14-350/450... so i figured thats what i wanted. but i really had no clue lol.. why do you want the springs so soft?

It helps with weight transfer to the rear. Plus coilovers require less spring rate than regular springs.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh okay... and will the coilovers work with stock struts and then lakewood 90/10's when i get them?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
oh okay... and will the coilovers work with stock struts and then lakewood 90/10's when i get them?
Should fit, a small amount of grinding on the strut might need to be done. You will lose some handling with a lighter spring but on mine I hardly noticed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts