Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I had long tubes installed my car would shake. Nothing insane but it was there. It was a left and right shake. Almost felt like being in a old cammed muscle car. Ever since I put the SR performance strut tower brace in the shake is gone. I'm not complaining but just curious. Is it because the frame is stiffened? I'm confused.

The SR performance intake I had on there fit like **** so I removed it and replaces with with the Air raid intake. I also wanted to get the filter out of the fender because of one time I went thru it a puddle and it sucked water. This intake was a pain in the ASS to install. Anyone else have this intake? How in the world am I supposed to take the filter out to service it? I had to install the intake box with filter installed. Not enough room to just take out. To be fair, the strut tower brace made it a pain to install but the clearance is so much better. The intake tube no longer hits the brace. The tube also stays cool to the touch (plastic) where the SR performance tube you couldn't touch after driving due to heat soak.

·
Registered
256 Posts
In my experience, strut tower braces don't do much. I didn't notice a single thing after putting mine on and I have coilovers which are supposed to affect the stiffness of the strut towers more than conventional springs. I'd be surprised if it fixed the rocking of your car. The only time I've experienced something like that is when I had a bad COP so not all the cylinders were firing correctly.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Motor mounts might be messed up somehow or not tightened correctly if they raised the motor or lowered the K member for installation.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have the bbks too and mine shakes a little at idle, especially since my k member swap. I think my drivers side header it closer to the floor board so that may affect how it feels inside the car.

As for the air raid, there is usually a few small Allen bolts or torx nuts that hold the plastic cover piece on the box, you can take that off to take out the filter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts