Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with my sct x3 a few weeks back with the neutral rev limit, thought it would be like a 2step rev limiter. Well it turned out not to be one, but I really enjoy the thought of one, what are my options for getting that with my car, can I have one with a manual? This isnt something I am very familiar with, but am very interested in.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
yeah it actually can be done.... with it the local mustang performance shop where i bought my SCT X3 the owner told me he could program the two step for me along with three custom tunes and three passes on the rollers all for $100 since i bought the tuner from him.... and mine is manual as well just go hit up you local speed shop as long as they are an SCT dealer they should be able to program it for you.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was just curious, glad to know it can be done that way. I am wanting to ditch the sct and get a sniper tuner, I wasnt sure if it could be done with a manual.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
im sure you can get more out of the sniper tune let me know if you end up doing the two step though with the sct id like to hear how it goes for you man

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
or you can get the msd launch controller which is a 2 step

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
the problem with it being in a tune is you cant adjust it. it is what it is, where with the msd launch controller you can adjust it in 500 rpm increments

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was thinking about getting the sniper software as well, and playing with my own tune.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I have the msd and love it, you can change the rpm in a matter of seconds while in the staging lanes. unlike with a tune where you have to wait for it to load the new tune in

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about half assing it and rigging up a spring on an adjustable perch so I just adjust it to the rpm range I like when the pedal is pressed and I can more steadily hold it where I want it. Its not at all fancy, but it would work.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Funny, I was just rying this with my Livewire yesterday. I am sure it would have worked fine for an auto, but it always thinks your car is in neutral if you have a stick, so you will never get it to go over the rev limits you set. It worked great, but just didn't pick up too much speed with a 2700 rpm rev limit.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2700rpms? Im going for 4.5k, its been working out on the street if I warm my nittos up enough.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I launch at 4500 at the track :D

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its a nice spot huh? I knew it was right when I put a buss on a 99-01 cobra off the line, was told it damn near looked like I was going to lift a tire. Of course I know im not going to lift my front tires off on the street as is, but its still nice to have the front unloaded without a swaybar. After playing with launches in the 4000-4500rpm range, I really cant go back to ~1800-2500 as that was just rolling.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Next year I will be launching higher

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If all goes well, I might not be able to. Going to be playing with building a 4v motor, then throwing my supercharger on it when its looking like everything is good for it.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
dont mean to thread jack but can you get a 2step for an Auto and if not whatcan i get that is the same

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
The msd will work with any 4.6, its just plug and play

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
so how would i go about making that work since i have an auto just hold the brake or would a trans brake be better

1 - 20 of 23 Posts