Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that some 97gt alrdy told me this but isn't like 96-98 gt's where DOHC

last thing

i know i've asked questions about the pulley but if i where add a pully would my AC or Alternator get less power that it allrdy has if u know what i mean:confused:

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
the GT of any year 1996-2004 is a 2v Sohc.
only the 96-98 Cobras were Dohc.

your car shouldn't have any charging issues with a different pulley.. that was more of a foxbody thing.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the GT of any year 1996-2004 is a 2v Sohc.
only the 96-98 Cobras were Dohc.

your car shouldn't have any charging issues with a different pulley.. that was more of a foxbody thing.
o ok thanks just deciding on wheather to do it cause my dad told me somthin about if i change the pulley the AC won't work as good or the alternator won't get as much power as it does now with stock one but i would think with a different pulley that if would acutally get more power

and i would thing about this one Trick Flow Underdrive Aluminum Pulley Kits: TFS-34002 - summitracing.com or these Auto Specialties Underdrive Street Pulley Sets: ASP-527328 - summitracing.com.could you reccomend better one or anything esle

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
k but like what one would u choose cause i won't somthin that will add hp little tq but like also somthin that won't create alot of parastic loss to anything else like the water pump and stuff like that

·
Registered
101 Posts
putting pullys on your car isnt really going to do any damage the only thing ive noticed is when when fan comes on my light inside my car dim alittle, but i there not a bad cheap bolt on..

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
some people think just because each had has one cam over it, and since you have to heads, that it means you have DOHC, you do have two cams, just not two cams over top every head, to be a true DOHC you must have two cams over every head on your motor, and i know alot of people running UD pullies and they seem to be fine, never bought any myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts