Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Never seen a Cobra R on the street like that. Sweet runs, dude!

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Cobra R is probably my favorite stang. Good pulls.
I enjoy the car a lot haha.

how much does that motor cost? haha good runs
Bout $50. It is coming out relatively soon. Cleaning it up and degreeing the cams for some more power.

Never seen a Cobra R on the street like that. Sweet runs, dude!
Thanks. Yeah, it is pretty awesome to see them actually drive it and not baby it like women.

I have other videos of the car on my channel as well if anyone wants to see more runs of the R.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I plan on adding one to my stable after college. They are just so menacing in my eyes. Plus riding in one has made me want one pretty bad haha

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I just love the "R" models. Stripped of all the excess. Plus the intake is sick looking on the 2000. I wouldn't change or mod it, just run it as it was made. There were two of them at a "Smokin' Stangs" show I saw a few years ago.
The intake is a work of art for sure. I am sure you will like what is in store soon for the R. We plan on going out and I am going to do a nice photoshoot of it soon. The car is beautiful, IMO.

I feel like if the "r" models weren't made by ford everybody would call them rice mobiles. I personally think they look like ****.
Nope. Why would it be considered rice when everything on the car is functional? The front splitter pulls so much downforce, it will literally start ripping the front bumper off. It was a shitty design. That's half the reason why my friend never has it on. You can see where it was starting to pull it down. I don't see how anything on that car is considered rice.

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.
Not sure how an R applies to this, but okay Mr. 3 Valve, whatever you say.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
I'm pretty sure rice started as a shorter term for riceburner, a term for japanese motorcycles, then cars. it was typically the import crowd that went nuts with the flamboyant over the top paintjobs and mods.

·
'Murica
4,545 Posts
I love the Cobra R, I've seen about 2 in my life. Big wing or not, it's functional and looks badass.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
crazy how a car made 15 years ago still pulls on a 5.0

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I love the Cobra R, I've seen about 2 in my life. Big wing or not, it's functional and looks badass.
Removing the wing actually gains people a few MPH in the quarter, but that's not where she shines.

crazy how a car made 15 years ago still pulls on a 5.0
I agree. Thing is an animal, and was very advanced for the time.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
the 2000 cobra r is also my favorite mustang ever built. i've either seen one, or a very well done clone. couldn't tell

·
12,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
It was pretty funny, they had it at NMRA in Bowling Green and we would set by the trailer waiting for True Street to be called off. Everyone who walked by it would look over it and either say "Wow, it's an actual R" or they would say "Nope, fake. Doesn't have the diffuser on." Which made zero sense because I guess they looked over the rear seat delete, fuel cell, seats, and AC and radio delete :lmao

Needless to say we had a pretty good time laughing at people who would say it were fake and just everyone's reactions to it.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts