Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys wanted to know how many changes do I need to do. I got a 2000 gt motor with 50,000 for $250. Want to do swap wanted to know how many things need to be done or is it a direct swap. Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
its a direct swap man long as you hae the long block its direct.

Wait since yours is a 96 you have a low oil light. YOu an either drill and tap the oil pan for that or just leave it hanging. Its up to you the rest of the engine will swap in without any headache other that getting your hands dirty.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
99 has one temp sensor, yours requires 2. There are a few minor things you may run into, but having both engines there while swapping will make it easier.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The 2000 uses a Windsor motor. You will need the flywheel too. The Windsor uses an 8 bolt flywheel while your Romeo uses a 6 bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you think this is better option them just doing PI head swap. Plus wanted to know how much more hp I can get vs current motor. Thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
To me the extra power gain from using pi parts on an npi bottom end does not out weigh the potential future power gains available with the full pi engine swap. I would swap in the full pi motor if you want to build on it more with boost in the future. If you are going to be happy with the power gains from a pi swap onto an npi bottom end then go that route and add exhaust and full bolts on and be done.

·
4 cam 4 life
2,825 Posts
^???

A pi/NPI motor can have some good gains when done properly, and still not have too much compression for a blower later, as long as the boost and tune is good.

The bottom end on a PI motor is the same weak A$$ crap as any other mod motor save for the 03/04 Cobra and GT 500s. PI heads should be cheaper and easier to get a hold of than a completel PI motor. And PI/NPI motor > PI motor.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
^???

A pi/NPI motor can have some good gains when done properly, and still not have too much compression for a blower later, as long as the boost and tune is good.

The bottom end on a PI motor is the same weak A$$ crap as any other mod motor save for the 03/04 Cobra and GT 500s. PI heads should be cheaper and easier to get a hold of than a completel PI motor. And PI/NPI motor > PI motor.
The gain of the higher compresion pi head/cam/ intake swap is minimal over just swapping out the entire motor. My point was that if he wants to just have a bolt on car to go with the pi swap. If he wants to run boost he would be better off swapping the entire motor over. Yes, you can run low boost on a pi swapped car with a stock shortblock, but there is significantly more risk doing that than there is running the same boost on the full PI motor.

I am well aware of the weak rods and pistons in the stock shortblock. However, running 9lbs of boost on a stock shortblock is perfectly fine. Running 9lbs of boost on a pi swapped npi shortblock is not going to end well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts