Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new to the forum. :)

I really don't know a lot of car terms so I hope you can understand my question! Also, I hope this is in the right section.

We recently got a 2000 Ford Mustang. It's a great car but one thing is that in the middle where the shifter is the lights that say "D" or "R" etc, don't light up.
I don't know if this is how they all are or if something went out on ours. The lights there have never worked so I don't know! :p

Can anyone help?

Thanks! :)

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Could you get pics of it? I've never heard of anything like that

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The Letters for Reverse, Drive etc. That's what I'm talking about. :p They don't light up and I was wondering if that was supposed to be like that or if something is wrong with ours.

Thanks for your fast reply!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
IIRC, there is a single bulb underneath there its easily accessible by just poppling up that surrrounding trim.

·
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji
5,242 Posts
Ohhhhh, I thought you had a standard and was talking about a shift light :lol

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
^ fail :lmao :hug

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alrighty sweet thanks! :D My dad is good with that stuff so he's going to help us out. We just didn't want to pop it out and then there was nothing wrong in the first place. Thanks! :) It will be so much nicer once it's fixed. No more turning the light on and off at night. :p

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
no problem thats what we are here for. you will learn alot from this site along with alot of BS'ing:) you could always just remember the sequence P, R, D, N, 2, 1 :)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
oh and :welcome

Reactions: BOSS246

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we got it 'popped' out but now it's stuck because of the lighter and the traction control switched are hooked up. How do we get it out? :p

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
just put it in neutral with the ebrake up then when you get it all unplugged and what not throw it back in park

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Okay thanks!
But how do I unhook the lighter. :p It looks like we can just pull it but I rather not break it if I'm not supposed too. haha

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
there is a push pin style attachment on the end of the actual cigarette base. push it in then detach

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh we got it! Wow that is fancy. :p

Where is the light located? Is it underneath? How do we access it? Sorry for all the questions! :p

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
it should be underneath on the drivers side, about the same location where the indicators are and there should be some wires running to it in that general vicinity

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts