·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000 v6 convertible silver ( $2000 )!!!

Name: dereck gilliland
price; $2500
email [email protected]

this is a silver 2000 sixxer for sale. it has some problems thats whyim only asking 2500 bucks. needs driver side exhaust manifold, and a lil tranny work. its got a slight hessitation when i take off, but only once in a while. also need to play with the shifter to get it in park. it is an automatic. with 160,000 miles. need to sell, best off will be accepted, will also travel to help with sale.

·
I Want A Good Speed Raping
13,304 Posts
Sounds like it needs a little work. Not to familiar with fixing cars only 17 trying to learn tho. So when u say u need to mess with the shifter to get it in park what do u mean and would the hesitation have to do with the engine or do u not know.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it needs a little work. Not to familiar with fixing cars only 17 trying to learn tho. So when u say u need to mess with the shifter to get it in park what do u mean and would the hesitation have to do with the engine or do u not know.
it does need a little work, thats why im only selling for 2300, obo. my brother installed my tranny and i think when he did he didnt get the shifer linkage right, so when the shifter says is in "p" is really not, its gotta be down in "n" to be in park... its not a terrible problem just a pain in the ass i supose. as for hesitation, im told its more than likey the transmission, but it hasnt done it for about 2 months.

it does need some work, but if you have the money to get a few things fixed, it will be a great car!!!

let me know:)

·
13,304 Posts
I am actually going to be going into the army reserves after Christmas and live in Maryland i will have 2500 by the time i go in but wasn't going to actually look to buy a mustang until i get back unless i find a really good deal. I mean i am still on my permit and still learning how to drive so getting this would end up costing me the amount i wanted to pay for a non fixer uper my max was 8,000 and that was with the money i got from basic, AIT, and bonus. so before i go would be like 3,000.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont think it will cost that much to fix... prolly only like a max of 1500 to fix everything... plus i will take any offer too, ill take 2000 i just need to sell it

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i jus checked at local autozone, driver side manifold is 100.00. just need that andsomeone to put it in and weld up exhaust and your set:)

·
13,304 Posts
How quickly do u have to sell it because i talked to my step dad and U may be able to get it up and running pretty good by just fixing the manifold he said that could be y it is hesitating it probably is getting air in through it. U didn't say if it was loose cracked or what. besides your in ohio and im in maryland thats a long drive for both of us even if we meat in the middle. Also is it a manual or automatic transmission.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol he dont know me, im assuming. it is an auto, and its not like i have to sell right away, but i would really like to sell it fast as possible because i need some money to fix up my other car, and i want to get all my debt finished paid off so i can work on getting my new GT. the manifold might fix the hesitation problem and im told for the shifter linkage, it just needs to adjusted. like a four five minuet fix.

it is a long way:( so that does suck.

·
13,304 Posts
Ya it does and i dont realy have the money or the ability to go more then like 3 or 4 hours from were i live. kinda sucks but a quick suggestion try and fix the manifold and shifter thing and u may be able to get like 4 or 5 grand for it and it may sell faster. or u could just wait till 2014 for the 50 year anniversary addition.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its funny u say that, i think im going to fix it, and try to sell it once i fix everything, but im getting a new mustang next yr, and i was thinking of just getting another v6, then saving for the 50yr ani. :)

thanks man for your interest hope you find a stang soon:)

·
13,304 Posts
Np i mean it looks like its in good condition other then the manifold and shifting thing. there is a scratch on the front bumper but nothing to big its got the hood painted a decent top that isn't faded and mustang on the side i don't see y u would wanna get rid of it other then to get another. do u think you will be selling it around the same time next year or u going to try and sell it asap.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im selling this on to pay off my debt, so i can get a new(er) GT.. ( 04 maybe ) honestly i dont know when im going to sell it, if someone calls me tomorrow, or some 1 could want it in a yr or so... ya know what i mean... i just would like to sell it asap so i can pay off my debt and start saving for my GT.

·
13,304 Posts
Ya i understand Best of luck on selling it let me know when u do tho because if you dont sell it till next year i may be interested in getting it from you. But not till after i get out of AIT witch will be about this time next year.

·
13,304 Posts
Guess who's back lol

Actually i have a question and suggestion first the question tho and that is did u get your car painted like that or did it come like that. :) i like the paint job and mustang down the side i wanna know how much it would cost but mine would be navy blue. (altho silver is good looking to i just don't wanna copy you.)

The suggestion is put this on Craigslist. You could probably sell it pretty quick.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts