Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So those of you who have seen my Bullitt over the years know that I have completly built the car from the radiator to the rear end. It has a fully built MMR engine with comp cams and patriot heads that is ready for a supercharger. Over the last few months I have added a complete supercharger and intercooler kit from Tork Tech, a company that has made it possible to run any 03/04 Cobra applicable supercharger on the 2V 99-04 GT mustangs. My kit has a stage 4 ported eaton from stegmeier. I also purchased a Fuel tank from a 03/04 cobra which is a sump style tank with twin SVT pumps and many fuel upgrades like injectors and wiring. I have everything installed and am now waiting for my dyno tune appointment. I tried to keep the car looking like a bullitt as much as possible and cut the factory hood while moving the scoop forward so I can keep the hood which is important to me. There is a lot into this project. There were a few things worth mentioning in the tech department of this SC build. The Bullitt Fuel rail does not work with the kit. It wont reach around the blower so I had to swap it for a GT rail. The Bosses in the Built MMR 04 Cobra Block would not clear the lower tork tech manifold so I had to grind them down.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking bullitt there. How much boost are you running and what is your HP/TQ goal?
Thanks. The boost should be around 14 psi according to similar builds. I am currently waiting on a dyno tune but with the base tune I had it up to 12psi without running it all the way up to the redline. Should be high 400's to possible 500 Whp range with room to improve with a bigger blower later down the road.

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
Nice! Love the rare factor what blower are you planning on switching to? The upgraded eaton would get my vote.

·
Eaton Powered
89 Posts
A 99-01 Cobra / 03-04 V6 hood will clear the Tork Tech kit. I run one on my car, super cheap and abundant, I think I paid 45 bucks for my hood at a salvage yard. I too planned on extending the scoop myself but realized how big a PITA it would be and dropped the idea lol.

Love your car though, Keep at it man!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why dont you invest in a 03-04 Cobra hood? Should have the clearance you need.
I really love the 99-04 GT hood and scoop. I love the variety of having 3 different hoods on my 3 mustangs so I would like to keep it looking like it is.

Nice! Love the rare factor what blower are you planning on switching to? The upgraded eaton would get my vote.
Yeah the car has an upgraded eaton stage 4 ported stiegemeier right now but I would like to eventually get a new TVS for it.

A 99-01 Cobra / 03-04 V6 hood will clear the Tork Tech kit. I run one on my car, super cheap and abundant, I think I paid 45 bucks for my hood at a salvage yard. I too planned on extending the scoop myself but realized how big a PITA it would be and dropped the idea lol.

Thanks for that info. I thought about that and wondered if it would work. Now I know. Maybe I will consider that too but I really want to keep the Bullitt / 01-04 GT style hood and scoop on it. Thabks for the info

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tvs is what i was referring to. I keep trying to get my dad to buy one for his termi.
Yeah they seem to be really efficient. Dyno vid will be up as soon as it uploads. stay tuned :woot

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Here is the Dyno vid

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know i've already told you on instagram but that bullitt is awesome. And i still love the way it sounds :drool
Thanks man. Yeah its a lot louder with the blower now. I think its because the displacement of the blower.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Do you know if the 99/01 cobra, 03/04 V6 hood will clear a larger supercharger as well? like a kenne bell or a whipple?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not sure on clearance of the 99/01 cobra hood / 03/04 V6 hood. However, you could probably get a hood that looks exactly like yours (minus having an OEM scoop) and modify it to alleviate the holes at the back, or since you already cut it, I would get your hood sanded and filled, so it looks a litter more professional. Other than that, amazing job!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure on clearance of the 99/01 cobra hood / 03/04 V6 hood. However, you could probably get a hood that looks exactly like yours (minus having an OEM scoop) and modify it to alleviate the holes at the back, or since you already cut it, I would get your hood sanded and filled, so it looks a litter more professional. Other than that, amazing job!
Yeah My plan has always been to buy the same hood from a V6 that never had the holes there to begin with and then re cut the new hood and put my scoop on it. Filling these holes would be a bad idea, Ive seen people fill spoiler holes on the trunk lid and you can always tell where they were.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts