Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these off of ebay with a 2yr warranty on the bulbs. They are 35w Bi-xenon 6000k in the headlights and single beam 6000k in the foglights. They made a huge difference. If I could do it again, I would have gotten 55w HID in the foglights since that bulb is not as bright in the first place. But they both do the job. They start off with a blue tint, but after warming up all the way, they are pure white. Here are some pictures:

As you can see, I took the picture with the Low beams right when they turned on (blue hue is present)

But once they warmed up, completely white (by the way, these are the high beams)

Stocks:

I'll get some more pictures on the roads with both the low and high beams and with the foglights on/off. I did a couple of mods with my fog lights so that they could cut on without the running lights and with the high beams on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I know a lot of people don't like when we use aftermarket HID with reflector headlights because of glare, but I get blinded all the time with people's stock HID in their projector beams...projectors do not cut out the glare completely and are still bright, they just focus the beam a little

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Looks good dude. I don't like projectors on ours cars so it works out. Who cares what other people think.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got some fog lights with brackets off ebay...and since we already have the plugs in the Bullitt, I plugged them up. Then only other thing you have to do is buy a foglight button for the console to replace the blank which is like $20 most places (try BlueOval or LMR mustangs).

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice lights, what a diff from before! And damn right who cares what ppl think, because I have idiots around hear that drive with their high beams on for no reason

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, people around here also drive around with their high beams...even during the day!!! I haven't gotten flashed by anyone so they must not put out that much glare, and I also aimed both the head/foglights after I installed the HID

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah, people around here also drive around with their high beams...even during the day!!! I haven't gotten flashed by anyone so they must not put out that much glare, and I also aimed both the head/foglights after I installed the HID
You know what's funny? I get high beamed sometimes for my stock headlights, imagine if i'd put some HID's :yes

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
If you take those pics and pump them into any editing software the 6k output your netting is not true white. Try throwing a white balance adjustment on it and you will see 6k is nowhere near true white. Your eye's may be telling you it is while in front of them, but it isn't, it is a touch tinted.

Either way they look good, your cut off sucks ass, and you have terrible scatter, output is much better. You are not benefitting at all in that the output is being terribly reduced by the scatter.

I just did a hid conversion on my denali that has oem projectors, but were originally halogen. The comparison to my mustang that has the same vvme kit is night and day. The hardline cut off is crisp and defined and the light extends twice as far under the projectors focus.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
looks great man...i belive emay is correct though...i've compared my 5ks vs 6ks and mine are a lot more white...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the 5k is whiter than the 6k...but as I said once they warm up after about 5 minutes or so, they loose most all of the blue, but of course there is some slight blue hue left, but that's what I was going for...I can't stand the 8k and up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are not benefitting at all in that the output is being terribly reduced by the scatter. QUOTE]

I have to disagree...the light output on the road is tremendously better than stock. True a projector focuses the beam and may appear more of a crisp beam, but they are definitely better than stock.

Here's the low beam up against a fence:

And the high beam against a fence:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you have Clear Fog Light Lens? When i switched out my Stock Shitty Fog light lens to Clear my HID's became a lot brighter. My fogs are now brighter then my Head Lights since the head lights have a light tint to them stock.
My fog lights are the clear ones - I bought aftermarket lights since the Bullitt doesn't come stock with them, they are just wired for them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some pictures of my 6k HIDs in a parking lot...by the way, it was pretty foggy last night

Low Beams:

High Beams:

Low Beams with Foglights:

High Beams with Foglights:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Of course in pictures, these look blinding when looking head on, but I've had my fiancee drive head on and in front of me in her car and she said they weren't blinding or glaring at all until I cut the high's on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts