Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I anm getting ready to take apart an 85 GT. Going back together I plan to put some 01 Cobra brakes on it. I have the 01 SVT wheels to go on it and have got some 95 spindles for the swap. I am also putting a 95 rear disc 8.8 in it. With this said, My questions are; What lower front control arm should I use? I want the front tires to be as wide as the rear (the rear is 1.5" wider as I understand it) if possible. I probably will put a tubular k-member in it. #2- going with the cobra brakes will I need to change the MAster cylinder to a larger diameter piston master cylinder? If anyone has any helpful info , just let me know, Dman

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hopin' so....It will be for my son to drive to school as he will be 16 in OCT.....

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Man wish my dad would have done that for me lol he was in a grave tho so I can cut him some slack

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I figure since my dad was gone and I got nothing cool also and the 85 will be 10k or less it is a good deal all around with the upgraded features and safety......

·
Registered
146 Posts
As far as I know you should use the stock front control arms. Use the sn-95 tie rod ends to fix the geometry. I think you need the block that sits on the front of the master cylinder from an svo, or the sn95 cars. Shoot, maybe you need both that and master cylinder, can't remember. I think you should use 235x45 or 245x45 rubber all around, depending on wether those are 17"X8" Or X9" wheels. with 245s you may have some rub when turning, but others here could tell you that. I belive the e-brake cable setup is different too. Sounds like a great build. Make sure he helps a lot and does lots of jobs around the house for you. That way he feels more ownership and will be more likely to take good care of it. PICS PLEASE! :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you have the sn95 rear also? I am worried about the rear rubbing also. It would be great to know you have the 1.5" wider rear with no problems...... THanks all for the replies

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
you sound like a pretty cool dad, my dad is lame so im currently in the market =D

lol jk, just make sure your son is responsible, a friend of mine got a 69 camaro for his first car, then all the sudden he was invisuable........

he rapped it around a pole doing 45 and is currently going threw physical therapy, he seemed to think he had to go and prove to everyone he was the fastest

that car sounds really awesome tho!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, sounds like all will be well......... Thanks for comp, I think my son will be ok. He has a pretty good head....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thanks for the info, sounds like all will be well......... Thanks for comp, I think my son will be ok. He has a pretty good head....
that sounds like a awesome first car!!......im 18 and i still drive my first car (78 mach1 mustang II) he he:D i love it

he sounds like a lucky kid~!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts