Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, pretty new to the mustang world. I did some searching on a lot of sites and havn't come up with any answers at all.

here is what I am looking to do.

I am thinking about getting a 2001 cobra. As we all know it's not S/C. I was wondering if it could get a bolt on stock S/C from a different year? Is this possible?

thanks ahead of time guys/gals!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after looking @ the title of the post.. probaly people are thinking that I am asking if the 2001 is s/c or not:eek:

·
Registered
328 Posts
01 cobra is what ive would have gotten if i did it all over again. and yea they sell eatons off of termis on ebay all the time, but you get what you pay for

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why would you of got a 01 cobra if you did it all over again?

I understand the whole cheap s/c = bad bad bad

but I just wont to put a little s/c on it. It feel naked without on... i mean come on its a Cobra :) What years can I pull the s/c off of?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
why would you of got a 01 cobra if you did it all over again?

I understand the whole cheap s/c = bad bad bad

but I just wont to put a little s/c on it. It feel naked without on... i mean come on its a Cobra :) What years can I pull the s/c off of?
the only two it came on... 03-04

·
Registered
328 Posts
i would get the 01 cause 1. its a cobra 2. DOHC 32valve all forged internals. the 03-04 cobra come with a eaton s/c on them and a t56 6 speed trans. with the money you save getting the 01 vs 03-04 you can put a Kennebell s/c on and have a 550+HP beast but if you just wont a cheap s/c people sell their eaton s/c from their 03-04 cobra on ebay for real cheap so you can slap on the 01

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
the 03-04 cobra sc fits...the heaton that is...lol make sure you get the heat exchanger too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I just did some research an noticed... he said termis.. then i looked that term up till i found termie... then looked that up till I found Terminator.. then looked that up an found 03-04 lol.

I do use the search button unlike most. But thanks guys! That help out alot an thanks for the great idea 20gt :) one day that will be how I do it. But thats after we finish the house lol.

thanks again!

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i would get the 01 cause 1. its a cobra 2. DOHC 32valve all forged internals. the 03-04 cobra come with a eaton s/c on them and a t56 6 speed trans. with the money you save getting the 01 vs 03-04 you can put a Kennebell s/c on and have a 550+HP beast but if you just wont a cheap s/c people sell their eaton s/c from their 03-04 cobra on ebay for real cheap so you can slap on the 01
have fun blowing your engine when you put 550 hp to it. 01 cobras do NOT have forged internals. neither does ANY modular 4.6 except the 03-04 cobra!!!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
have fun blowing your engine when you put 550 hp to it. 01 cobras do NOT have forged internals. neither does ANY modular 4.6 except the 03-04 cobra!!!
+1

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
yeah and the 03-04 cobras look alot better in my opinion

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
the machs are a higher compression. i think only part of the engine is forged maybe the crank? can someone verify for me?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
the machs are a higher compression. i think only part of the engine is forged maybe the crank? can someone verify for me?
the crank is forged on manuals only, not the autos. Both auto and manual have the same rods and pistons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm I wonder, is it true you can through a 150 shot on the stock motor? if not what would be safe? With a tune of course

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
you can run a 150 but Id keep it around a 125 shot, or 10 lbs of boost.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts